Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to this site. I am Colleen from Canada (Victoria, on Vancouver Island, BC). I ride a '08 Victory Vegas midnight cherry, which I have done a number of mods to to size for me, and to bling it. I joined this forum in order to answer a fellow's question that I saw pop up when I googled something, I sure hope I am able to post to him soon as it is a long road just to give him an answer, lol!

I hope everyone is loving their Vic as much as I love mine!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to this site. I am Colleen from Canada (Victoria, on Vancouver Island, BC). I ride a '08 Victory Vegas midnight cherry, which I have done a number of mods to to size for me, and to bling it. I joined this forum in order to answer a fellow's question that I saw pop up when I googled something, I sure hope I am able to post to him soon as it is a long road just to give him an answer, lol!

I hope everyone is loving their Vic as much as I love mine!
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salutations George!

Hi George,

Hello from one coast of this beautiful country, to the other!

~Colleen~

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What a coincidence, I have an Aunt in Victoria named Colleen! But she doesn't ride so I'm certain you're not her. Its nice to see another BC resident on this site. Who do you deal with for all of your parts and services? Is Sea to Sky in Langley the closest Victory dealership?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you Vindex, Johnny and Marvin !

Whatcanyedo,

Langley was the closest dealer for me for the past 4 years, but Action Motorcycles here in Esquimalt in Victoria have taken on selling Vic's as of another month or so. They are supplying the local cops for their Vic bikes and will have a Vic mechanic on hand, so no more ferry rides to Langley for me! The downside: I will see more Vic's around. Right now I have been only one of about 7 for the whole island, and the only woman with a Vic. I am losing my edge, darn :(

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forum Colleen from Canada! Congrats on the Vegas and the fruitful Google search!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting pulled over is good, sometimes..........

But...you will be a hit with the local cops. Hopefully in a good way.

Yes Marvin....... I do expect to be pulled over a time or two after the cop bikes take effect. Once they are on Vic's they will finally be able to catch me! I may have to dangle myself under their noses and get their attention, but they will come around :)

Ammo.........I LOVE your avatar (if that is what you call it). I love everything about it, the colors, the tribal, it is very cool.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the board. We ask our female members to post a naked picture or two on their victory. :D:p
Bad............you a man after my own heart..........or something in that vicinity, anyway :)

(I burst out laughing! Thank you...)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Posting my pic's

I have been trying to upload and post pictures, I get them all the way to choosing them from my computer and then it brings up a page that says it is a bad request. I assumed it was because I was not a paying customer, so gave up. I will keep trying..........

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have been trying to upload and post pictures, I get them all the way to choosing them from my computer and then it brings up a page that says it is a bad request. I assumed it was because I was not a paying customer, so gave up. I will keep trying..........
You can post by attaching them, just click the attach button, Browse, and then upload.

You do not need to pay for this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Got it! Here's my Vegas.........

June 9 2012.jpg

Freaksho June 9 2012.jpg

Both of my rear ends ^0^.jpg

I am chipping away at it, bit by bit......

The sizing mods were all that Victory had done to make a Vegas into a Vegas Low (pulled foot pegs back 2", changed out bars to 8" risers that come back much closer to me, dropped the bike down with 1" lowering bracket, carved out my seat to drop me another 1" or so). I did the same as they had, and have basically the Low once I was finished. You may ask why I didn't just buy a Low.........I could not find one in Midnight Cherry around here, found one in Washington for half the price I would have paid at my closest dealer, so went cross border shopping and saved just about $10,000. It was worth it to me for the cost to turn it into a Low.

I have added a Memphis Shades windshield, RPW Big Slash exhaust (Oh Godddd, they sound nice!!!), Ness Fly bars with Kuryakyn Flame Grips, and in the next month.... custom Derby and Cam covers, chrome Battery Box and Oil Cooler cover. Will post when they are on. I am so excited!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts