1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
If only the seat was a bit higher and back a bit further.... :(

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Seems the most popular color at Polaris Industries two motorcycle brands is matte gray and matte black. I'm kind of surprised they kept the chrome exhaust on this one though.

Someone who knows these guys; PLEASE give them a color wheel.

·
Registered
180 Posts
C'mon, guys. I'm sure it looks better in person. I personally think the blacked out motor and chrome exhaust are a nice contrast. But still not trading my Kingpin for one.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
482 Posts
Seems the most popular color at Polaris Industries two motorcycle brands is matte gray and matte black. I'm kind of surprised they kept the chrome exhaust on this one though.

Someone who knows these guys; PLEASE give them a color wheel.
There is a black out kit if you will that you have to pay for of course in typical Polaris fashion. Nice bike. I like it.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I like it but isn't the blacked out theme getting a little old now? Liked broggyr said, seat needs to be back further and for me the boards need to go forward just to fit me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is a black out kit if you will that you have to pay for of course in typical Polaris fashion. Nice bike. I like it.
Why give away what people will pay for. Harley has been doing that for years.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I generally hate flat paint, but man, just about anything looks great on the Indian. And having less chrome to maintain is a big plus in my book!

The chrome pipes look just right imo. I do like that there is just the right touch of chrome to not make the bike just a big blacked out blur.

I really like it!

I do wonder how durable and scratch resistant that flat paint is.

·
Registered
566 Posts
AND they got rid of the big ugly chrome bra on the fairing. Now I really love it! :grin

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
566 Posts
I saw one yesterday and while I'm not a fan of Indian's design language, the Chieftan Dark Horse is a bad-ass looking bike.

·
Registered
371 Posts
the flat/matte finishes are what i call a sneaky pete schem.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I love it. True, if it was only able to fit taller folks like me (6' 3").

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I saw the Chieftain Dark today at my local dealer. I too like that the chrome Bozoish front fairing piece is now painted to match the fairing. It helps hide it quite a bit. Someone at Polaris has a real affection for that clown of decades ago to design it into the Vision as well as the Chieftain models.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
The Dark Horse isn't bad but this one looks great.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts