Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2014 XR 8Ball yesterday with 1 mile on the clock. After driving home in a myriad of weather conditions over 15 miles I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Wife loves it too!

Been lurking here for awhile, trying to make up my mind between HD and Victory. Read anything I could find on Victory and also HD. Eventually the price, along with the technology, won me over. Plus...I like to stand out from the crowd and there are so many HD's here and I never really see any Victorys.

Not an HD hater, but I love my XR already. Never rode anything but sport bikes over the past 20 years, so this is my first V twin/ cruiser/ bagger/ American bike.

·
Registered
396 Posts
congrat's and enjoy!
i think the longer you have it the more you will appreciate
and love it. these bikes are easier and cheaper to maintain
than a harley,in fact with a few wrenches and an allen
wrench or two you can do most of the maintenence
yourself.thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I love that model too , congrats and you made the Victory of choices !thumb up

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I can't wait to go ride...

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Welcome to the Clan. Where in CO? I might be going to the Motorcycle Touring Association's Gathering in Montrose in mid June. mtariders.com
If that stand up license plate bothers you, check out my signature below.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am north east of Denver....and yeah, that plate mount is horrible and I plan to remedy it soon! I'll check your product out more no that I own a Vic.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
I am north east of Denver....and yeah, that plate mount is horrible and I plan to remedy it soon! I'll check your product out more no that I own a Vic.
A flatlander, eh? You'll like what my bracket does for the lines of your bike without drawing attention to itself. And its the only one that's threaded for the plate/frame screws.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully I can attach this pic of the bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And yeah, I need that lay down bracket, next week I will order one. I may also try to rotate my handle bars upward a bit as I feel they are too low and far back. I really want some apes like the 2013 Victory Hard Ball had, that bike's bars were a lot more comfortable.

I have to love it, yesterday the wife and I took it out for lunch and I had a swarm of folks looking at the bike while we ate. If I would have bought an HD Street Glide I doubt I would have got a single look. I like standing out. It just needs to be louder, all in due time.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
I have to love it, yesterday the wife and I took it out for lunch and I had a swarm of folks looking at the bike while we ate. If I would have bought an HD Street Glide I doubt I would have got a single look. I like standing out.
Not only that, but folks want to talk about it with you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

Yeah, I can't wait to talk to folks about my bike. There just ain't any Victorys out by me yet, except me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
does the CR 8 ball come with a windshield?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, no windshield or fairing. Yesterday I got it on the highway up to 75-80mph and I loved it. Could I take that for 3-4 hours? Prob not and I am a bigger, stronger guy. Lots of wind in my face but that is what I love. Eventually when I decide to start riding through multiple states I will probably get a better touring bike.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just put the fairing on my cross roads. Kinda thought the old windshield was just going to take up space. Looks like someone may want it one day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Am I able to loosen the 4 allen bolts on the tree and rotate the handlebars up and forward so they sit higher? By eye balling it it looks easy to do and it will work but I want to make sure I am not missing anything. The stock bars come far back and low. I want them higher, if not higher and further forward.

What I REALLY wanted was a 2013 Hard Ball. Loved the apes on it, way more comfortable to me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you do that it changes the position of the grips, you can get a little but not what your after. Go for it and get what you can, but you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I got ya! Well, I'll try it tomorrow maybe. Rode a bit today before it started raining and snowing. Hoping to get my good leather coat tomorrow, been freezing my butt off. It's nice now so I am cruising to my buddy's house so he can see the new bike.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Yeah, I got ya! Well, I'll try it tomorrow maybe. Rode a bit today before it started raining and snowing. Hoping to get my good leather coat tomorrow, been freezing my butt off. It's nice now so I am cruising to my buddy's house so he can see the new bike.
The important thing is that your wrists are straight with your forearms. I raised my bars with no difficulty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After riding in some rain, snow and a bit of hail I decided to go get a proper leather riding jacket. So much better today in the wind. I still want to try and raise my bars a bit...also need some air in the shock. I am about 290lbs, my wife is 130 and we bottomed out a bit yesterday. I am thinking 15-20psi.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts