Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! Been lurking for the past couple of months and really like the forum. Test rode a CC and a CR a couple weeks ago and took delivery of a 2012 Cross Roads in Sunset Red yesterday.

Still waiting for some of the accessories to hit the dealer, but so far I really like this machine. Of course, the test ride told me I would.

I'm not much of a wrench turner, but always willing to learn something new. So be ready for some technical questions once I start bolting on parts and tinkering!

Marlin

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Marlin,
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to Victory! Good choice on the XR and don't sweat the wrenching; if you do it right you won't have any time to worry about trying to make a great bike better!

Now the bad news, expect to have the bike in the shop by next weekend. There aren't very many people that can stay off their new bikes long enough to keep from putting on 500 miles in the first week. There are quite a few that had to take their bikes in for 500 mile service after the first weekend. I picked mine up on a Thursday afternoon and had to take it back for service on Monday; it was pretty tough to have to stay off it on Sunday. Hopefully during your lurking stage you caught the hints on first service and you got it thrown in on the deal. If not you should expect to pay between $100-300 for an oil change and a lookover. This one is important though so it shouldn't be skipped.

Now that you read my novel get back to riding!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome Marlin! Congrats on the new purchase too!

I am one to attest to helpfulness of this site. I'm completely new and have been inundating everyone with tech and wrench turning questions. So you came to the right place my man! Also, I paid 230 at my dealer for the 500 mile check. Wasn't to happy with the price, but the piece of mind for the most important checkup on your bike is worth it.

Ride it, love it, and have a great weekend!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys. And I do expect to put the 500 miles on pretty quickly. Given that my dealer is the only one within a 3 1/2 hour drive, they don't try too hard to please the customer. I didn't get raped on the deal, but they weren't throwing in any bonuses.

It's interesting, $230 is exactly what my dealer quoted me on the 500 mile service too.

Yep. I can tell this is going to be a great place to hang out and learn more about my new scoot!

Ride safe.

Marlin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts