Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
owned it less than a week and all is going well but i need about an 1-1/2" more pullback on my bars maybe even an inch, its all about body, geometry etc. just wanted to know what you guys have found out there. unfortunately most of the bar manufacturers list there bars by rise, pullback etc. it would be nice to be able to look at bars as how are they different from stock... for instance bars are 1" back from stock and 2" rise etc. maybe im asking too much but spent years going through different bars on my harleys and the cross country isnt as easy to swap them out so id like to get it right first time. thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Do some looking around on the site, this is probably one of the biggest talked about things on the cross bikes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my forum skills are a bit lacking, I found some stuff, just looking for a way to guage the bars without a big guessing game. 1 to 2" pullback black bars would be the cure for me. still tryin to get the search to bring me the right info...

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
my forum skills are a bit lacking, I found some stuff, just looking for a way to guage the bars without a big guessing game. 1 to 2" pullback black bars would be the cure for me. still tryin to get the search to bring me the right info...
Haha good luck with the search feature, it sucks! How tall are you? I made my own bars that are similar to the ness modulars in spec. Im 6'3" and the stock positon felt like it pulled my arms down and my shoulders would get sore, i tried rotating the bars up amd it helped slightly but the wrist angle was bad. If i were to buy a set of bars i would probably go with the ness modulars.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
My advice would be call Vic Baggers (vicbaggers.com) and have them make you a set to your specs. Each set is made to order. They have a jig that they can set the stock bars in and then adjust for amount of pull back or rise. I couldn't be happier with mine!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
behind bars...

im 6'1" and the bars are just about an inch or inch and a half too forward, man these bars are pricey, I bought a set of burley bars for my roadglide for 200 bucks and I thought that was steep! with th stock setup and rider backrest taken apart and reversed on the bracket all is perfect except the bar position so ill call vic baggers and check out the ness bars at arlen ness(bought my bike there) at my first service, thanks for the input guys. some of the handlebar links here make it worse, not better, as a deciding factor. goin riding in the morning! later.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I had the Victory 2" pullback bars installed on my CCT over the winter and they're excellent. Really made a nice difference. They can be rotated up and down like the oem CCT bars. With the grips being brought back towards the rider an extra 2", it makes the rotation difference even more pronounced. Almost like a set of mini apes or all the way down towards the tank.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
black bars

thanks for the info mark, im looking for just that but do those come in black do you know? who did the install? and if you didn't do it what did they charge you? I know from experience on my roadglide that after pulling the fairing a few times it gets easier but wanted to see if it was worth it for me to dig in on a brand new bike or let service handle it. probably double the cost of the bars for install though...

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks for the info mark, im looking for just that but do those come in black do you know? who did the install? and if you didn't do it what did they charge you? I know from experience on my roadglide that after pulling the fairing a few times it gets easier but wanted to see if it was worth it for me to dig in on a brand new bike or let service handle it. probably double the cost of the bars for install though...
They don't come in black I was thinking about getting a set my self and then have them powder coated. My dealer said I would need a new brake cable but the other cables would be OK

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
My CCT was at the dealer for some warranty work over the Winter. The front of the fairing was off, which I've done before and it's very easy to remove. But Randy's Cycle gave me a good discount on the bars and cut the labor in half. I ended up getting them installed for just a bit more than the MSRP of the bars by themselves.

I adjusted them a bit today which is again, very easy. The two rear bolts on the hold down clamps are accessed from below. So just turning the bars all the way left with the bike on the side stand makes adjusting the angle of the bars very easy.

Since I got a deal on the handlebar package it was an easy decision to have Randy's mount them. But doing it yourself will be greatly helped if you have someone helping. The entire fairing has to disconnected from its mount to fit the bars. With a helper, one can hold the fairing while the other replaces the bars. That way you don't have to disconnect all the wiring. It's not hard, it just takes a couple of hours. Go slow and be sure not to damage, dent, nick or scratch anything.

On the CCT, the cables and hoses are already 2" longer than they need to be with the oem handlebars. Great of Victory to make them that way for their customers who mount their 2" pullbacks. The more I ride it, the happier I am I went with the Victory 2" pulback bars. You know exactly what you're getting.Regardless of the angle of the bars, the grips will be 2" closer to the rider. Trying to figure out what some of the after market companies call pullbacks has proven confusing for many.

My oem handlebars have been reloacted to a shelf in the garage. Along with my oem cams, timing wheel and O2 sensors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts