Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from St. Paul, Minnesota. Traded up to a Cross Country last week, and I'm loving the upgrade. Looking forward to learning lots on the forum!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Welcome form PEI, Canada. Those XC are awesome bikes for sure. What did you trade up from?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
234 Posts
Congrads on your purchase. I love my CC...best bike I've ever ridden by far. Best of luck from MA!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I traded up from a 2011 Yamaha Stryker. It was a good bike, but when I purchased I thought there was zero chance that my wife would ever ride with me--I was without a bike for 15 years, 13 of which we've been together. "Passenger comfort" wasn't even an afterthought on the Stryker--and I didn't think it mattered at that point. Turns out she enjoys riding, but anything beyond 40 miles at a stretch was pushing it, even after adding the tall backrest, relocating the passenger pegs, and getting an Airhawk seat.

When I started getting the itch for something more (hard bags for starters) I rode a Cross Country. I had done tons of research and I liked it, but for the cost difference I didn't feel compelled to immediately grab for my checkbook. I brought my wife along for ride #2. We weren't even out of the parking lot of the dealership when she said, "I'm in."

Man, am I glad.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's a great, and on these forums surprisingly common, story, Greg. When I upgrade, wife comfort is right up there after wind management.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the family and congrats on your new CC, also very good to hear your wife enjoys the ride. I discovered my wife likes riding with me also after trading in my Ducati 1098. Now when we're both off work and kids are not in the house she wants to get out on the road with me, awesome stuff.

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts