Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made the deal today. traded in my 01 GW for the '10 CC. Hope it is all I hear it is. Will be picking it up this week, they had to order a taller windshield for me. Too much buffeting with the short one. It will take some getting used too i'm sure...going from a GW CC.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Woo hoo! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Your CC is all you've heard and much, much more. Your bike will continue to amaze with its capabilities. It'll carve like no other brand of cruiser and perform well without having to install hop-up stuff like the H-D folks have to. What really impressed me, was when I crossed a mile long steel grate bridge and the bike didn't do that little dance like all the others I have owned - it thought it was still on a paved road! Whenever I see a Victory rider, I see someone who made an intellectual decision to buy what suits, rather than what will get entree into some "lifestyle." I guess that makes Victorys the bike for the thinking rider.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
traded for vic cc

yea, I got the 2010. the dealer had two 2011 and the one left over 2010. cherry color. Waiting for a taller windshield as the buffeting was severe with the short stock one. And coming from a GW I can't tolerate that much buffeting. Salesman asked how I like it compared to GW. But you can't compare apples to oranges. My GW was fantastic, no problems at all in 9 years. But now in my 60's I find the high cg getting to be too much in u truns and parking lot speed. Anyway really hoping the tall shield does the trick.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
c.c. cruiser: I bought the Cross Roads for the same reasons as you. Had a first gen Yamaha Venture that was becoming intimidating after a bout with cancer and attaining the age of 74. If I wanted to continue riding, I had to get a lower seat and CG, but I hate cruisers. Its as if Victory asked me what would it take to get you to buy one of ours? Another surprise came when I rode in the rain, thinking I would not have the protection I was used to with the Venture. Only had a few drops on gloves and shoulders - wow! I did add the lower wind deflectors - they're well worth the cost. If you (or anyone else) are thinking about road lights for more conspicuity, check out Clearwater LED lights - they are a technological marvel and the way they mount on the Cross bikes is very clever. They are unlike any others on the market. I bought the "Glendas." Great people to deal with too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
c.c. cruiser: I bought the Cross Roads for the same reasons as you. Had a first gen Yamaha Venture that was becoming intimidating after a bout with cancer and attaining the age of 74. If I wanted to continue riding, I had to get a lower seat and CG, but I hate cruisers. Its as if Victory asked me what would it take to get you to buy one of ours? Another surprise came when I rode in the rain, thinking I would not have the protection I was used to with the Venture. Only had a few drops on gloves and shoulders - wow! I did add the lower wind deflectors - they're well worth the cost. If you (or anyone else) are thinking about road lights for more conspicuity, check out Clearwater LED lights - they are a technological marvel and the way they mount on the Cross bikes is very clever. They are unlike any others on the market. I bought the "Glendas." Great people to deal with too.
RICZ

Any chance of a photo?

tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
yea, I got the 2010. the dealer had two 2011 and the one left over 2010. cherry color. Waiting for a taller windshield as the buffeting was severe with the short stock one. And coming from a GW I can't tolerate that much buffeting. Salesman asked how I like it compared to GW. But you can't compare apples to oranges. My GW was fantastic, no problems at all in 9 years. But now in my 60's I find the high cg getting to be too much in u truns and parking lot speed. Anyway really hoping the tall shield does the trick.
I know what you are taking about I have a 09 Wing and a new 11 XC.I took the Wing out Sunday,the first time sense I bought the XC.
It took me awhile to get accustomed to foot pegs and handle bars.:ltr:

Ed..:)

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
I tried to post a photo, but I guess I just don't know how. If you're interested in seeing the lights, google "Clearwater LED lights." They might have the ones on a Cross bike posted.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I tried to post a photo, but I guess I just don't know how. If you're interested in seeing the lights, google "Clearwater LED lights." They might have the ones on a Cross bike posted.
C'mon, don't give up so easily. When you post a reply, use the "attachments" (paper clip icon) to add images to your post. Give it a try, we're dieing to see the pics. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
picked up new CC

Picked up the new CC today. the taller windscreen did the trick,,, got rid of about 90 to 95% of the buffeting (all of it on the helmet). I believe a set of lowers will get rid of the rest. However not a problem without the lowers.
Bike ran strong on the way home (only 40 miles). Handled just great.
I like the items on the dash , like the miles per gal. read out. Didn't even have that on my wing. Haven't tried the cruise control yet...but then I never used it on the wing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts