Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a lot of reading & looking & signing up on this site, I did it. Ordered a 2012 Cross Country. Dealer knocked off 1,000.00 on a new blue one. Called me today and said ship date would be in middle October. Hope to get to ride before snow hits Indiana.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congrats... You won't regret it! Good luck and post when you get it on the road....or before if you have any questions. thumb up

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Will start adding things to bike I'm sure, just like all the ones I have had before. Have the backrest and saddle bag guards coming with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. I'm sure I will have questions. See you have the tour. I saw on at dealer, man do they look big! Thought that was a little more than I needed. Down the road I will probably want one. Do you know if the lower wind deflectors help any on the xc that I'm getting? I've heard you get some buffeting on the xc. Later. Joe.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Sounds like you got a Ness XC. Good on ya. I really like those!

Some fork lowers and a better windshield will help a bunch for the buffeting. Being a factory custom kinda limits you if you want to keep the cool factor going.

With the blue and black paint job it might be worth looking at the tinted Gustaffson shield appropriate for your height and the matching tinted fork lowers that bolt onto the Victory mounts or the tinted Ness fork lowers. The Ness lowers are a bit large but they are reported to do a good job. Could be one of those things you put on during long trips or the Winter time.

Best of luck with your new XC. I'm envious of it even though I have the blue 11 XC. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it's just the blue xc. So whatever will help with the buffeting is what I will probably want some time. Just hope to find out what works best before I get something that might not help. I just had the dealer go ahead and get me the backrest & rails. I'm 5' 7" in height.

·
Registered
243 Posts
No it's just the blue xc. So whatever will help with the buffeting is what I will probably want some time. Just hope to find out what works best before I get something that might not help. I just had the dealer go ahead and get me the backrest & rails. I'm 5' 7" in height.
just about everyone that get's this bike makes 2 mods right off the bat............lowers and higher shield. This combo significanly reduces the buffeting.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Would you be talking lowers from Victory or somewhere else? Maybe a P.N. would help. Thanks. Joe.
Victory, Ness, and Memphis Shades sell them in different configurations.

The least expensive is to use the Memphis Shades mounts and have the Lexan cut using the template or get them from $20Chrome on the VMC.

Send me your email via PM and I'll send you the info. You might want to put something like "Lowers Info" in the subject line so I know what it's about.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Oops. My bad. I thought they didn't bring the blue back this year. Does it have any metallic in it or is it solid blue?

Another member on one of the forums, maybe here, did a review on the new Klockwerks shield, only available through Victory, who said it works fantastic with no buffeting at all and he's the same height you are. I'm 5'10" and ordered the Klockwerks because others have said it works well for people my height too. Should know in a week or two.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No just blue. That's what I like to here, something that works good. Just a little confused on the best lowers to get. I 'm sure I will be checking out the wind shields. I'm used to looking over the shield, but if it is to tall will be looking thru. I guess that will work as others look thru. Can't really tell how much taller Klockwerks is than stock by looking at picture.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Joeg, I have the same Blue XC. Yours will have lots of Metalic in the paint. I love it.

Wind, well I have 2 windshields. 1 Cee Bailey 11" smoke color and a CB 13" smoke. While the 11" looks better to me the 13" with the homemade lowers from here performs the best for me. I'm 6' and look over the 13" by a little and about 3-4" over the 11". This has really helped with the buffeting. Now I still get air but NOT head rattling buffeting.
FYI, A lot of folks claim that a "Flip" windshield is better. Seems that an 11" with FLIP will act about the same as a 13" straight. That may be the way I'm headed, 11" flip from Gustafson(?sp) approx. $200. Issue is some don't like the distortion right at the flip or top. My stock windshield is on my buddys XC Tour he just got. With the lowers working so well he put my 9" stock on and loves it.
Back to the lowers, they really do help. I got Mem. Shade mounts and a set of cut outs from $20 chrome put together and Nice. Still can get a little buffeting type wind if I put my legs straight out. Air runs through crash bars, up your straight legs and up your body. Not near as bad with these lowers and next to none if your legs are bent.

Your gonna love this bike. It is only my second street ride and I am very very happy after only a few small mods.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
No just blue. That's what I like to here, something that works good. Just a little confused on the best lowers to get. I 'm sure I will be checking out the wind shields. I'm used to looking over the shield, but if it is to tall will be looking thru. I guess that will work as others look thru. Can't really tell how much taller Klockwerks is than stock by looking at picture.
At 11-inches the NEW Klockwerks is 2" higher than the 9-inch stock shield.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts