Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided my Warrior needed a friend (and I needed something with saddlebags and wind protection). Picking up a brand new out of the crate red 2013 Cross Country at noon today. Can't wait!

I already ordered the saddlebag heat kit from Witchdoctor, as well as the shorter antenna and matching color bolt kits. Madstahd bracket is on the way as well, and I am getting the tinted klockwerks windshield and Ness teardrop mirrors from the dealer with the bike.

Planning to order the Ness Big Honkers with chip and filter when I go to pick it up, as well as the saddlebag protectors.

That ought to hold me for mods until at least next week :crzy:

I want to put a keyless ignition on. Anyone know if the Digital Guard Dawg is a good choice for the Cross Country or if there is something better?

*Yeah, I got the title wrong. Whoops. It is indeed a Cross Country, not a Crossroads.

Adding pic here from further in the thread. Because who wants to read when you just came looking for a pic?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Victory Forums! Owners of the Guard Dawg seem to be very pleased and the only possible gripe is questioing what to do if it doesn't function. Search for Guard Dawg on here and you'll find that answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I also just stumbled across a thread with the part number for the Victory fork lock kit (4013053-266). I'll definitely be having my dealer order that later today.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congrats and Welcome Aboard! thumb up

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Are you getting the Cross Roads, or the Cross Country?

I googled the part number you referred to as a fork lock, that came back as the locking gas cap. I've gotten used to the idea of no fork lock, it was odd at first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoops, looks like I titled my post wrong. I am getting the cross country.

That part number is a fork lock cylinder as well as gas cap and ignition assembly. That way they are all keyed the same.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Is that noon Eastern, Central, Mountain or Pacific time Kaaihn? Great choice of bike and color...post pics for us and where you live.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
That part number is a fork lock cylinder as well as gas cap and ignition assembly. That way they are all keyed the same.
Dang, wonder if they have a kit for the ignition, gas cap, saddlebags, trunk, hard lower locks and the fork lock....

I'd rather have a separate key for the fork lock than to have to change everything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts