Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I emailed Dart and asked about a flyscreen for the Gunner. This morning, I got an email back from them (how about that for service!).
Check out their site- on Feb 2, they will be available for the Gunner or other Victory with a round headlamp. I had one on my Triumph Thunderbird and loved it. I'll be getting one for this bike as well. I love the hardware- very unobtrusive and I think it makes a difference when at highway speeds.

Www.dartflyscreens.com

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found on my Triumph Storm that it made a noticeable difference on the highway in taking the brunt of the wind off my chest. I like that it made it a little less fatiguing to ride at speeds and it didn't really detract from the look of the bike. It was "just enough" for my needs.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I had a chopped down regular screen on my last bike. It does a lot in keeping the wind off of the chest on the highway and reduces the stress on stomach and back muscles. You can go a lot farther with that little change.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bought one in dark tint. I'll take pics when it's on!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed

I bought a Dart Flyscreen and installed it last night. You remove the two bolts from under the top triple tree that hold the speedo bracket. If you do this- my advice is to go get longer bolts. They are m6 x 1.0 at 20mm. When I reinstalled the OEM bolts they grabbed a little thread and then stripped the thread from the triple tree. Home Depot to the rescue- m6 x 1.0 at 25mm for two bucks. Here's a pic: and it certainly made a difference for me. I'm 5'7" and this is pretty far away from me so it does a nice job of diverting the air. I recommend it!

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
I bought a Dart Flyscreen and installed it last night. You remove the two bolts from under the top triple tree that hold the speedo bracket. If you do this- my advice is to go get longer bolts. They are m6 x 1.0 at 20mm. When I reinstalled the OEM bolts they grabbed a little thread and then stripped the thread from the triple tree. Home Depot to the rescue- m6 x 1.0 at 25mm for two bucks. Here's a pic: and it certainly made a difference for me. I'm 5'7" and this is pretty far away from me so it does a nice job of diverting the air. I recommend it!
Looks nice. I like your collection of bikes! I have a Night Storm and a Kingpin. I may be picking up a Gunner soon, may try the Dart screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts