Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished intalling RPW slash pipes on my highball. Holy crap are they loud (maybe a bit too loud) but the money has already been spent.
First question is on installling the VFC how do I get to the front injector to unlpug and install? It's a tight squeeze and yes I have the tank off.
Also is there a way to quiet down pipes at all if I choose too? Not sure yet as I have not rode it just fired it up for a second.
Lastly, is smoke normal from new pipes that are ceramic coated?
Thanks all for responses

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update,
Got the injector done and the tuner is on and working, bike runs great. It is very loud though, may want to tone the noise down a bit so looking for advice on doing my own baffles.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Couln't help with the controller/front injector issue but I may be able to help with your baffle question. Witchdoctors carries baffles for your pipes and may be able to tell you how to quiet them.

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1349/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-engine-components-hammer-buywitchdoctors-baffle-sc-395/

If you already have these baffles you can pull them out and try wrapping them in steel wool then putting them back in. It may not be a permanent solution but you should be able to cut the noise by quite a bit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I do have those baffles, thanks for pointing that out, I will check with them and see if they have suggestions.
How would I use the steel wool exactly? Would there be any negative effects to using it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts