Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a leaky fork seal on my TC, replaced those and refilled with 10w fork oil. I must say that the bike has never ridden as nice as it does now. Feels like a brand new machine.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Had a leaky fork seal on my TC, replaced those and refilled with 10w fork oil. I must say that the bike has never ridden as nice as it does now. Feels like a brand new machine.
Fork oil is an often neglected maintenance item. I've even seen someone post their expensive 15k mile shop bill where the tech put "N/A" that particular task on the 15k list.

Just curious, how many miles did you have on it? I have a friend with a Honda PC and he waited about 60k miles until the seals went before he got his changed. He also couldn't believe how much better the bike rode afterwards.

·
Registered
813 Posts

I just notices my left one is starting to leak. Will probably have to correct it soon. How hard was it to do?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just notices my left one is starting to leak. Will probably have to correct it soon. How hard was it to do?
If you're going to have the front end apart, consider installing the Race-Tech cartridge emulators - you won't be sorry!

Got them installed on my '99, and the handling is much improved; they are a great upgrade and are worth every penny.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@saddlebag I have right at 20k on the bike. The seal started leaking about 1k miles ago. I was going to do it right at the 15k service but got a little lazy
@atbyrne they are very easy to do, from the time I put the jack on the bike until I let it down probably just over an hour if that. The hardest part was getting the chrome cover back on that covers the dust seal. I found that a rawhide leather working hammer does great.
@colorado I would like to do the emulators, what kind of money are they? Again I kinda got lazy and just ordered the seal and wiper kit and basically forgot about the emulators until I had it torn apart.
I bought the Allballs set (part # 56-149) for anyone interested. I have used their seals in all of my dirt bikes for many years and have never had any problems. The price is right as well, ordered through my dealer from Parts Unlimited for $23 for both seals and both wipers, a little better than $25 each for the OEM oil seals only.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You'll need the emulators and a pair of plastic valve adapters, shouldn't run over $175 for everything...

The adapters are sold separately from the Gold Valve emulators - don't forget to order them as well.

The Race Tech site is blocked here at work for some reason, so I can't give any more info right now... At any rate, their web site has all you need to know, downloadable instructions, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, thanks. I will look into that. I have used RaceTech for my dirt bikes for years. Always had great luck with their products.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you're going to have the front end apart, consider installing the Race-Tech cartridge emulators - you won't be sorry!

Got them installed on my '99, and the handling is much improved; they are a great upgrade and are worth every penny.
Where can I find them at? I will be doing this this winter probably.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts