Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am looking to do some upgrades:
1) Air Filter - The consensus seems to be Lloydz?
2) Pipes - Trying to decide on this, want something that I am recognizable in traffic but not wake up the neighborhood type :)
I had V&H Big Shots on my last bike but want something quieter this time.
3) Seat - Trying to decide on this as well, a friend might re-upholstry it with memory foam (might try that first) but also looking at options.

Suggestions on any of the above is appreciated.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I am looking to do some upgrades:
1) Air Filter - The consensus seems to be Lloydz?
2) Pipes - Trying to decide on this, want something that I am recognizable in traffic but not wake up the neighborhood type :)
I had V&H Big Shots on my last bike but want something quieter this time.
3) Seat - Trying to decide on this as well, a friend might re-upholstry it with memory foam (might try that first) but also looking at options.

Suggestions on any of the above is appreciated.
Congrats on the XCT and welcome to the forum.

1.) Yes, Lloydz air filter is the best, although a bit pricey.
2.) Try to listen to other pipes before you decide. I cannot help but recommend D&D's for their great quality and great sound, although they are also on the expensive side of average.
3.) I would fully break in the bike before considering another seat. You might not need one. ;)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too am a new owner of the CCT Boardwalk Blue 2013. I sold my Honda shadow spirit 1100 2007 I had 37000 miles on it.
I have a lot of ideas on upgrades just don't have the monies for them.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Rode through Ontarial Canada on Hwy 17, north side of Lake Superior, last summer. Beautiful road. Learned about loonies and toonies!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome.
Your gonna love the Vic. I came from the same bike as you only a 2007. Even had the V&H on it. Great bike but I wanted more and I found it in Victory.

I'm ordering a Lloydz filter, Fuel Controller, 1/4 turn throttle ring very soon. The 1/4 turn ring is a great addition for $20. It makes the turn from zero to full throttle 1/4 of a turn instead of 1/3, which 1/4 is what your VTX was. Vic turn will seem a bit longer without this.
And I'm with Crossroads here. D&D's are great and if you want something a little less than the V&H pipes you had definately consider these.
Seat your thinking of...well I would wait and see as well. These are better than the Honda was stock for sure. You still may want one but give the stock Vic one a chance first.
Great Choice of bike now go enjoy it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. As others have said, you're going to love the CCT. I bought mine last Summer and simply love it.

One caution though; once you start the modification process, it can quickly gain momentum!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Nice looking Scoot.. and welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great purchase! I think you will enjoy the bike and there is plenty of useful information on the forum to help you mod your beast:D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi.

I am a new member to the forum.
Bought my first Victory a few months ago (had a 2006 Honda VTX 1300 prior).
Now own a 2013 Cross Country Tour:
Welcome from another Canuck and former Calgarian (1984 - 1992)

Definitely the Lloydz filter.

I modded my stock pipes. first I tried drilling the baffles out but I didn't care for that so I did the Thrush Glasspack mod (there's lot's of info on this)

Not sure why you want to change your seat as I find the stock seat more comfortable than any other bike I've owned. That said tho, I have added a back rest which, IMO, makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
From one CCT owner to another, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi.

I am a new member to the forum.
Bought my first Victory a few months ago (had a 2006 Honda VTX 1300 prior).
Now own a 2013 Cross Country Tour:
Welcome nice looking bike. I have a black one I plan to put the Lloydz airfliter, D&D mufflers, timing wheel, Power Commander V on and dna tuned at the Vic shop this spring. Need to sell my trike first. I'm going to ride Dale's Gape in Aug with friends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts