Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New forum member here. I'm currently in the market for a new touring bike and both the Cross Country Tour and Vision Tour have made my short list. I'll be lurking for a bit as I research information on both models. Should I decide to pick up one of the Victory models I'll post in the appropriate sub-forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome, Good luck with whatever you pick. Note: You can't go wrong with a Vic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all...I've decided to go with a Cross Country Tour due to the larger luggage capacity. I'm hoping to get out to the dealer this weekend to pull the trigger but next weekend at the latest. Thanks for all the info on this forum, it's helped out the decision making process a lot.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Welcome mate, I take it you've ridden one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I've taken extended test rides on a CVO Road Glide Ultra, Indian Roadmaster, and Cross Country Tour. I found the XCT good enough to make it extremely hard to justify spending the extra cash on the other two despite the differences in fit and finish. In the end, for me it's just not worth an extra $10k or so for hidden wires/cables, more integrated radio/cruise control switches, and additional audio features.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Yes, I've taken extended test rides on a CVO Road Glide Ultra, Indian Roadmaster, and Cross Country Tour. I found the XCT good enough to make it extremely hard to justify spending the extra cash on the other two despite the differences in fit and finish. In the end, for me it's just not worth an extra $10k or so for hidden wires/cables, more integrated radio/cruise control switches, and additional audio features.

I'm sure you've made a wise decision BigPoppa,
I recently rode the Streetglide Special and after 2 years and 60,000 miles on my Victory the just SG can't compare for sheer riding pleasure, the feeling that you are at one with your machine the Victory takes the cake, in my books.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a new 2016 XCT. I'm having fun breaking it in ahead of my planned road trip next week so of course I'll make the usual rounds of showing it off to friends, running errands, and generally making up any excuse to get it to 500 miles in the next few days. :grin

All I have right now are pics from the dealer's website but as soon as I get some decent pics of my own I'll add them to my album. Looking forward to being a part of the Victory family!

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Congrats on the purchase now ride the wheels off of it!!

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Congrats on the purchase now ride the wheels off of it!!
Yep, congrats.
The highways calling you!
They're not called Cross Country Tour for nothing ;-)

·
12,968 Posts
get them to show you about the quick release tour pack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts