Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi VO's

after my second go around with HD I find myself looking at Victory for salvation.
My 07 softail custom which i just bought 2 months ago with less than 10 k had batt and check engine lites come on. new stator and voltage reg. along with other parts and labor $700. So im looking at a $1400 extended warranty in order to be able to sustain this bike. So im piised HD is still having Stator and Reg. issues. And after further research i think there will be more.
going in to Vic dealer today to talk

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums.

I've owned two Harleys in the past and bought my first VICTORY today - 13 JACKPOT.

Go for a test ride and you'll love it - enjoy! thumb up

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
When I bought my Cross Roads in February of 2010, it had been out only a short time. So before sealing the deal, I went into the forums to see what Victory owners were complaining about--nothing other than a lack of clothing and accessories.
So when the sale was being consummated, the salesman asked if I wanted the extended warranty. I replied that I don't think I would get my money's worth out of it after researching the forums. He said, You're right; we only see these bikes in the shop for routine maintenance and Accessories. Its been almost four years and there have been no problems, so I'm winning that bet.
Big difference 'tween H-D and Vic; High tech engine vs. low tech and ease of maintenance...just one oil drain plug. Better comfort, ride and handling too. Go into Youtube and enter "Victory vs. Harley...if you dare.
The only common difugalty seems to be loose battery terminal bolts. Should you decide to make the intelligent choice and buy a Victory, make certain those are tight. You might want to add lock washers. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome to the forum. cheers

I too came from being a two time Harley owner, my first was a 2007 FXDSE which I could not make comfortable enough to ride even the 15 miles to work, the second was a 2011 FLTRX, it left due to the unforeseen recession. I found my HighBall and the only reason I purchased it was that it was a start over bike, just something to get me back on two wheels, but after my ride home from the dealership, I know that this one is a keeper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx

I have owned a lot of bikes over the yrs(im 60)
havent owned a Ducati. almost every other manufacturer though.
i like what Victory is. Underdog with a motorcycle that doesnt copy others and employs modern engineering and has proven reliabilty.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
White and chrome...my favorite bike colors. Gorgeous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts