Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a victory owner yet.

Currently have a Yamaha Vstar 1100. Looking to get the Kingpin, not sure if it is going to be the 8 Ball or the standard KP. I don't think I would want a tour package, would like to get my bags and screen from third party vendors.

I test drove one about 6 months ago and felt the egos were great !!!! What a nice fit for me.

My only issues would be the dealership network, but that's a small concern. When I went to talk to the sales guy, I just felt he was trying to take advantaged of me and not being honest.

When the 5K rebates were occurring 6-8 months ago, he played dump as if Victory were not having them and pretty much refused to look it up on the Website.

I really hope I don't have to go out of state to buy one, but I think that's what I might have to do when the time comes.

Anyway, My name is Marty, looking forward to your guys forum.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Phoenix Vic dealers

Do yourself a favor: Go see Dan over at Az Victory on Cave Creek rd.
Sounds like you went to Ride Now Powersports? I bought my Boulevard from them & no way would ever go back. Currently have a 2011 Cross Country on order & live in nearby Peoria.

Good Luck!

JOKERMAN

·
Premium Member
13,000 Posts
Welcome and cheers!

The rebate generally applies to what the dealer has on hand from what I understand and it's for 2010 and older bikes.

Prescott Valley has a dealership with lots of bikes with the rebate amount clearly shown on their website when looking at their bikes on hand.

Edit: I'm not seeing any KP's at this time but keep checking it 'cause there was the last time I looked. Quite a few people are trading in their KP's for a Cross Roads or Cross Country. There's a used 2009 Touring KP on the floor at my local dealer in Lake Havasu. I think it's advertised at $13.6 but you can probably get them down to $12.x. Looks brand new with 2-1 pipes, bags, trunk, and windshield. I'd like to have it too but I already have a good touring bike (after many mods).

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I don't know where you are relative to Prescott AZ but click the Kewlmetal link in my signature and ask for Big Joe. He is a sullies a lot of custom parts for our bikes and works closely with a dealer there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
AZ Victorys

I bought my 09 Vision Tour Premium at Prescott Valley. Good people there. They never tried to BS me, and I think I got a good deal. They will let you test drive, too.
10,000 miles, and a great bike. I'm looking for someone to ride with in the New River, AZ area. :cool:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Do yourself a favor: Go see Dan over at Az Victory on Cave Creek rd.
Sounds like you went to Ride Now Powersports? I bought my Boulevard from them & no way would ever go back. Currently have a 2011 Cross Country on order & live in nearby Peoria.

Good Luck!

JOKERMAN
XC here..and AZ Vic is taking pretty goo care of me down here on Tucson

·
Registered
396 Posts
there is quite a few dealers in arizona,look around,service is
not a big issue.with a few tools and a service manual you
can do alot of the work yourself,oil change,throttle body
cleaning,etc. kingpin is a good choice like you said get a
regular kingpin or kingpin 8ball and buy accessories as you
go.thumb up