Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am strongly considering purchasing an 05 kingpin deluxe with only 6900 miles on her. I do not know much about Victory bikes. The questions I have are their reliability, riding 2 up, and long distance rides. thank you all

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
You've come to the right place to get answers. Can't speak to the Kingpin but my 2013 XC has no problems riding two up. I will let Kingpin owners respond to their thinking about the KP in regards to your questions.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome From So-Cal. I'm a fairly new owner of an '05 Kingpin deluxe myself. Definitely an incredible machine. You will enjoy it immensely!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had not ridden in about 20 years and before I spent a lot of money I wanted to be sure I was ready to ride again. So I bought a used 04 Kingpin. Me and the misses put quite a few miles on it two up. It was relatively comfortable, not as comfortable as the Vision I ride now, but was a decent two up bike. It was a solid bike, mine had 28000 when I bought it and I put 10K miles on it over the next year. Had a couple of minor issues. My clutch cable broke and my belt broke. Usual maintenance stuff, I was happy enough with Victory I upgraded to another.

Also welcome from another GA boy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought an 04 KP last November, with 2,730 miles on it, for $4500. I do not think I could have done better value for cost anywhere else.
I really value my KP very highly.

It is a good running, stable platform. My son grins every time I thank him for finding the bike for me.

Remember that rubber belts and tires should be replaced due to age as well as miles. Though it hurts to replace tires with that much tread on them, and the belt still looked new, it is the right thing to do.

Those OEM Dunlops were hard as rocks, and did not grip well. And breaking a belt is not something that always ends with you walking around without a limp.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I live in Woodstock, GA. Welcome to the forum. I have an 04 Kingpin I bought 2 years ago with only 8,000 miles on it and have ridden it all over. I road to New Orleans, LA, to Panama City Florida, etc, and it runs great and straight. I would jump in with both feet if I were you. Kingpins are great bikes.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
welcome friend.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Love my 07 Kingpin Tour .. Runs Like a New one and a lot of people ask if it's a New One when See it .. Think you will be quite happy with yours ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts