Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to maybe add another bike to the stable and the CC Tour is what strikes my fancy here lately, but like with anything else made by man, stock just doesn't appeal and there are some visual things about the Vic that would need to change if I were to buy one. I figured that this would be a good place to come see what everyone is doing and what the aftermarket has to offer.

I like diversity and while I love my CVO road glide, the CC has been calling my name lately. That calling combined with my personal dislike of the HD brand bat wing offerings makes the CC a perfect candidate. Hopefully you all don't mind a HD guy browsing the boards to see what everyone has done.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your interest in Victory! I hope your user name isn't your measurements!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your not alone, I just joined 10 minutes ago. I have been riding Harleys for the last 15yrs, test rode a few XC's this weekend and am thinking of making a switch. Welcome, let me know which one you end up with, lol.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
We love to have you H-D guys lurking here. Vics are amazing bikes in many ways, but fair warning, your tools are going to get lonely. And when you buy one, an extended warranty is a waste of money. Many H-D guys are concerned about the drought of Vic dealers--you only need a dealer for the purchase. These are very dependable bikes that require very little maintenance and are soooo easy to work on. I'm pushing 80 and do ALL my maintenance, including tire changes. Nothing not to like, except the horn, but that was an easy fix.

·
Registered
426 Posts
well the factory license bracket looks kinda stupid on the cross bikes, but i know of some old codger that makes a pretty sweet looking one at a real nice price....cant seem to remember his name though ;)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I think its the guy who posted in #5. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We love to have you H-D guys lurking here. Vics are amazing bikes in many ways, but fair warning, your tools are going to get lonely. And when you buy one, an extended warranty is a waste of money. Many H-D guys are concerned about the drought of Vic dealers--you only need a dealer for the purchase. These are very dependable bikes that require very little maintenance and are soooo easy to work on. I'm pushing 80 and do ALL my maintenance, including tire changes. Nothing not to like, except the horn, but that was an easy fix.
It's good to know that Vics are low maintenance, but knock on wood I've been lucky.... 3 Harleys, 85000 miles, 8 years, and only one issue which was a leaky transmission pan fixed under warranty. With that said my tools are already lonely most of the time, and I'm fine with that.

I know this is a Vic forum and I am a Harley guy, actually I'm a VEHICLE guy in general and think they all have their rightful place. trucks, cars, Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Vic, Honda, Harley, it don't matter to me... Wait, that's a lie.... There is one spacecraft looking bike that I just can't get past the look of, but it still has it's place and I don't judge anyone for what they like. I mean hell I ride one of the ugliest Harleys ever made.

With that said I have decided that I'm gonna go take a CCT for a cruise tomorrow and see what all the hype is about, but I know without a doubt that I'd have to change a few things which I've been reading up on. Wheels (23//17), wrap fender, bars, chrome has to fall off, prefer stage 2, but stage 1 at a minimum (assuming these things have cats in the pipes), solo seat (Is this possible with the Vic?), bags/extensions, 2-1 exhaust (I'll make it if I have to), the list is endless. Looking at what I have into my bike I'm already starting to have second thoughts. Good thing I have my own powder guy, lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please post your test ride review after riding, would be interested in your findings. I am a Harley guy and a fellow Road glider as well.

I took 2 tests rides this past weekend on Cross Countrys this weekend, and really was impressed with the handling, suspension, and the comfort. Power delivery felt sluggish to me, but I'm told these bikes need to be kept a little higher in the powerband.

Good luck, have fun, and don't forget to post your review.:)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
93...I can relate to having good luck with vehicles. My brother (RIP) and I would often have identical cars or bikes and while my were faultless, his would be in the shop frequently. The only failure I can remotely recall was an alternator on a car I had eons ago.
I can also relate with being a "vehicle" guy as I have no brand loyalty, I buy what works for me and a Victory Cross Roads fills my needs at this time in my life. Because of cancer and age (maybe:)) I needed a lower seat height, but I don't like cruisers for many reasons. The Cross bikes came along just at the right time cuz they are cruisers that don't act like 'em.
Re your last paragraph--you must have a lot of "disposable income." :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Re your last paragraph--you must have a lot of "disposable income." :)
lol, I wouldn't say I have disposable income, and I'm probably no different than the next guy here. It would definitely be the pay as you go approach when it comes to mods, and I don't like to make any serious mods before the factory warranty expires so the first 2 years would be very minor in the mod dept. I have a vision in my head on what the end result should be and some of the things I've mentioned are the areas I'd like to change/modify over the course of time. On a second note I like to design/build my own parts and I have been blessed with having like minded friends (CAD designers, powder coaters, welders) all of whom have helped me bring turn a few ideas to one off products and one to the point I can actually market.

Anyhow, I just hope I like how the CCT rides so I can put those talented guys to work on some new stuff. Stay tuned I guess.

Edit: Oh yeah I'd need one of these also http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10713&highlight=ricz

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Just contact me about that bracket when the time comes. Nice to have friends with those skills. Hmm, where is it you live? :)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Well darn! I was hoping we were neighbors, and you'd share your friends.:)

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
How about your friends then? Some great riding out here. No hurricanes, just volcanoes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe I should start this in a new thread as well. Ok so I stopped at the Vic store today and checked out the CC and CCT in person and have a few questions about the clutch, audio, and radio.

1. Clutch cable... Any issues with the way it's assembled??? Don't really like how it just hangs out there. Are there other options?? Does the hydraulic unit eliminate this exposed cable connection???

2. Audio/Cruise control switches.... Am wasn't really able to see how the connectors are assembled but can these be stuffed inside the bars if I change the bars out?

3. Radio... Are there any options for an aftermarket radio? The stock unit looks pretty proprietary and not easily changeable.

Overall it's a nice bike, haven't been able I ride it yet, and like every Harley I've ever seen there appears to be things that could've/should've been done better/differently from the factory.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts