Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Blake and I live in New Hampshire.
My fiancé got me an early wedding gift, a 2009 Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Because of the cost of the wedding the bike was cheaper because it's not without its problems. The previous owner went down and it needs a front fender, headlight and bucket, right side peg and the tail light lens which is what brought me here. I don't know much about these bikes and what parts are interchangeable across models or even the best place to source these parts. If anyone has these parts for sale or knows of a good place to get them I'd really appreciate it.
I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions about the bike because as long as I've ridden none of my bikes have been in a shop, I've done all the work myself. I currently have a 1999 Ducati 748 and a 2005 Ducati 749. Those are actually two of the reasons she got me the Victory. Having a passenger on either one is not the most comfortable experience for her or me. I told her the only cruiser I would be interested in is the one she got me. I've ridden metric cruisers and they are nice but lack soul. I've ridden Harleys but it seems like everyone and their mother has one.
Thanks for listening to me ramble and if anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome from MA , when you get a couple posts under your belt , go to the parts for sale / wanted section and post your needs . You will get plenty of responses there I reckon . Not a lot of the guys read the new member forum . Good luck !cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome! That was nice of herthumb up I'm from NH myself and just bought a XCT yesterday. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome! That was nice of herthumb up I'm from NH myself and just bought a XCT yesterday. cheers
Booty , Im 5 miles from Nasua , in Westford Ma . I don't know how far north you are but if you want to meet up next Sunday morning we could ride down to MOM'S in Foxborough MA for the cookout and dyno day , lots of the guys from here will be there I was going to head out around 10 a.m. They are having a massive sale on clothes and accessories too . cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to post in the classifieds once I have a few more posts. I'm assuming this is like most other forums where you need a minimum post count to post in there so you guys don't get flooded with crap in there.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Blake , you only need 2 posts so your good to go !:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
LILM, I'm gonna see what I can do to get Sunday off. Definately sounds like fun! I have no problem ,meeting up with you and heading to Moms. Hopefully weather will be decent! I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Figured out how to upload pictures.
I cropped the Victory photo because I was being pestered to smile so I made a face and look like an idiot.
I stripped the 748 down to powder coat the frame and a few other parts. The front end and wheels are off of a newer Ducati. It used to be yellow with a dark gold frame.
The 749 is fairly stock aside from a couple silver parts I had powder coated matte black.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
LILM, I'm gonna see what I can do to get Sunday off. Definately sounds like fun! I have no problem ,meeting up with you and heading to Moms. Hopefully weather will be decent! I'll let ya know.
OkieDokie !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts