Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone- I don't have a Victory yet...I'm here to lurk and learn and make an informed purchase.

I already own a 2007 CBR600RR but I'm looking for a change of pace ( and posture). I also want to expand my skills - I 'm an MSF BRC & ARC RiderCoach and I get the sport biker thing...so I think now a cruiser is in order.

I'll be around reading and tying to pick my bike.....Thanks for having me!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Who Dat! Welcome, I grew up in Louisiana (Vernon Parish). I have a older Victory and it's the most dependable bike I've ever owned.

I've owned Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki " they've all been good bikes by the way" but this Victory is something deferent. I've never been brand loyal until now, my next bike will definitely be a Victory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That alone makes me happy to hear. I really like the styling and the 106 engine (with some of the upgrade options) so the stuff I've seen here makes me hat much more excited...

·
Registered
566 Posts
welcome! I live in Metairie. I've been lurking here for a while and I think ill be picking up an 07 hammer this coming weekend if all goes well. You should know that the only Victory dealership in the state is in Houma, they are the only ones that sell Vics around here. New Orleans Power sports in Kenner will service them though, because they use to sell them, so they still have poeple who know them. I have not seen a victory in person here in town, so I'm pretty pumped about getting one. It's just such a rare bike around here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's funny-I'm thinking I like the Hammer myself. I'm actually military, so I don't rely on the dealerships most of the time...The trip to Houma isn't too bad from here anyways.

Thanks for the info tho!!
Can't wait to see your bike man...And once I'm riding we'll have to get out for a ride.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Cool beans, im always down for a cruise. Hit me up if u want to go to that dealership in houma. I may come down too to check it out. Went there once about 2 months ago. They didnt even have a hammer in stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service. Hooah!
Are you prior service?? An answer like Hooah-Certainly sounds like it!

Cool beans, im always down for a cruise. Hit me up if u want to go to that dealership in houma. I may come down too to check it out. Went there once about 2 months ago. They didnt even have a hammer in stock.
I'll have to give a call down there and see what they say.

I'm not in position to pull the trigger yet and I'm still reading up and making decisions about what I want.
Leaning towards a new Hammer S- but the wife isn't sure yet...She is used to my CBR so she wants to make sure she has enough seat in the back...and she wants to be able to manage driving it for herself.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sounds like you have some homework to do. The hammer is not a great 2 up bike. Hell, some don't even like it for longer solo rides. So you have some reading to do and decisions to make based on what kind of riding you're looking to be doing. If your budget is tight, look at used bikes. Victories are much cheaper used than a Harley would be. You can find a real nice used Vic for an awesome price. The bike I'm working on getting home is an 07 hammer with 1400 miles for $7500. We shall see how my story ends, but I think good used deals are out there to be found ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you have some homework to do. The hammer is not a great 2 up bike. Hell, some don't even like it for longer solo rides. So you have some reading to do and decisions to make based on what kind of riding you're looking to be doing. If your budget is tight, look at used bikes. Victories are much cheaper used than a Harley would be. You can find a real nice used Vic for an awesome price. The bike I'm working on getting home is an 07 hammer with 1400 miles for $7500. We shall see how my story ends, but I think good used deals are out there to be found ;)
Yeah-We'll see. Trying to get my wife to take the classes and get her own bike. And she may just have to suck it up till then.

Eight years in the Army as an Infantryman.
Nice-A couple of my bust buds are Army. I'm a Coast Guard pilot down here. Thanks for the time you spent-Means that I can do my job now!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts