Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy - just bought my first v-twin, 2013 Cross Country Tour, Black.

Been riding a Hayabusa the last 6 years, I kept it, just in case.. LOL

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Howdy - just bought my first v-twin, 2013 Cross Country Tour, Black.

Been riding a Hayabusa the last 6 years, I kept it, just in case.. LOL
Nice. Congrats on the new stallion, and welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So,

I test ride 4 Victories and settle on the solid black tour. During the test ride I thought I smelled gas at one point... but I was close to a station at the time and just chalked it up to that.

Buy the bike and head home - no gas smell, its a nice evening so I put about 100 miles on it and the gas smell returns with a vengeance once the tank level falls below 3/4 on the gauge.. Call the dealer this morning and they have never heard or seen this problem they say. Take the bike over and they call Victory, Victory tells them to remove the tee in the vent lines from the tank. I ride it home and it seems to be fixed.

Find these forums and find a thread from 2011 detailing the exact problem and fix.
I'm disappointed in Victory right now, still building bikes with a known problem, pretty sorry business practice in my book.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!cheers I'm also in OKC (well, The Village, but close enough) with a black 2012 CCT.

Which dealership did you get it from, and how did they treat you? (Just curious)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Glad you got good service from them. I've only been there once. Went in with ideas and money in my pocket. Couldn't even get a sales person to talk to me.:confused: Maxey's in OKC ended up with the money instead.
Morris did seem to have a good selection of accessories. I must have caught them on a bad day. I'll try them again sometime.

There is a group of OKC Victory riders. I'll dig up the contact info for the group and send it to you. I miss most of their rides/events/meetings due to my screwy schedule.

Enjoy the ride!!cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts