Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. My interest is in the Victory Octane. I am an owner of a 2015 Harley Davidson Street 750 that I purchased new back in July of 2014 and now have racked up over 16 thousand miles on my odometer. The same company that runs the HDstreet forum runs this Victory site as well.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
New to this forum. My interest is in the Victory Octane. I am an owner of a 2015 Harley Davidson Street 750 that I purchased new back in July of 2014 and now have racked up over 16 thousand miles on my odometer. The same company that runs the HDstreet forum runs this Victory site as well.
Welcome mate, ride the Octane and you'll be blown away,

·
12,968 Posts
I have read on that other forum that the Octane has a lot of little problems. Or it operator causing them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I test drove an Octane about 2 weeks ago. The sales guy was riding a BMW 1300 while another guy was riding a 06 road king that he was interested in. I rode the Octane and followed both. I almost ran over the road king a couple of times. I'm only 5'7" and 230 lbs and when I cranked the throttle I felt myself starting to slide off the bike. It frighten and excited me at the same time. Grant you I own a Street 750 stock with about 53 HP. I hit 100 mph with the Octane in 4th gear and still had power to spare. During the test ride I accidently took off in 3rd gear once I got rolling. Oops, This bike comes with abs brakes although some may want to improve on them a bit. I really like this bike. I use my Harley Davidson Street 750 as a daily rider to work. I average 51-54 mpg depending on how I operate it. I've test drove both 60 and 69 Scouts. The Octane blows both of them away hands down in my humble opinion. Once I get my finances right. I'll be getting me an Octane. :smile

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today on the way home from work, I came upon a rider on an Octane with custom pipes in Saukville, WI. It sounded pretty good. Maybe this is a sign from above or else the Devil is teasing me...lol :eek

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Today on the way home from work, I came upon a rider on an Octane with custom pipes in Saukville, WI. It sounded pretty good. Maybe this is a sign from above or else the Devil is teasing me...lol :eek
That has all the hallmarks of a definite sign from above!
A mate in Melbourne has an Octane on a test ride this weekend.
Taking advantage of Vic Aust. 2 day 'weekend escape' with free accommodation and a tank of gas.
He's riding it to Phillip Island for the racing there this wknd.
He's looking for a suitable basis for a salt flats bike.
Lake Gairdner in South Australia has an annual event where records are set and broken.
He's keen to have a good crack at it and asked my opinion on the best non Jap bike to mod up to take on the salt.
Naturally I suggested a Victory, he's had hot Harley's in his past and is well aware of the weakness and fragility of a Hd that's on the edge.
With his engineering background the Victory toughness and reliability excites him.
He rode a stock 106 XC recently while up here visiting for the Winternationals drag racing event.
But what caught his eye whilst picking up the XC was the Octane on the showroom floor.
He's riding one in Melbourne right now as we speak,
Could easily be the start of something big, and blown, running Nitro.
You heard it here;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts