Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dean and my Wife's name is Linda. We've been riding since the Summer of 2011... so not very long. Riding has changed our lives and we enjoy it so much. We meet with the "Edmonton Motorcycle Riders Group" every Saturday morning and go out for Day-cruises. We've made lots of new friends and enjoy the places we go with them.

In 2012, we plan to ride longer and further and include some overnight Rides.

A few days ago, I signed the Paperwork for my Wife's new 2012 Victory Vegas, Sunset Red and Pearl White Bike.

I was told that there was only one of these for sale in Alberta (ours) and two in Ontario and two in Quebec. So it is a one of a kind in Alberta. The day I signed the Paperwork, another Customer wanted to buy it and was hoping that my Deal fell through. Good timing, eh?

I'm going out to Elk Island Sales on Thursday, February 9th, 2012 to see the Bike for the first time with all it's Options installed on it.

Some of the things I got for it...

* Mid-size Windshield.

* Lock and Ride Windshield-bracket.

* Leather-wrapped, Plastic-shell, Rigid Saddle-bags.

* Brackets for the above.

* Cruise-control.

* Tachometer-kit.

* Chrome Highway-bar.

* Chrome-rack to replace the Passenger-seat.

* It also comes with a 3 Year Warranty, too.

* I got her a Jacket and some T-Shirts as well.

I wanna thank Mark Thorp out at Elk Island Sales for helping me so much with this Deal. Every time I go out there to see him, theres more and more SOLD signs on the Showroom Floor Bikes. So even though they are located a little ways out in the Country, people are finding them to be the Victory Dealer to buy from.

I plan on putting the Bike's Keys into a wrapped-up box of Bernard Callebaut Chocolates and giving it to her on February 14th, Valentines Day morning. Then after she opens the Box and discovers the Keys, I'm going to show her a Picture that has me sitting on her Bike holding a Paper Sign that says "IT'S YOURS, LINDA"... just in case she doesn't believe me.

I wanna do it first thing in the Morning, so that she has all day to tell everyone what I did.

Then hanging in the Closet, I'll have a Womens Leather Victory Jacket for her to try on, too.

I think she's gonna freak! I can hardly contain myself.

Currently I have no room, for this new Bike, so I have to hold off taking delivery until I move some things around in the Garage and of course later, sell her old Honda.

I've been putting up with a lot of crap lately, cause I took her out to Elk Island Sales a couple of weeks ago and got her all hot and heavy about this Red and White Vegas... and then on the Car ride home, I told her that we CANNOT buy it. We CANNOT afford it.

This of course pissed her off big-time and now she has told everyone how much of a Jerk I am. She reminds me almost daily that I did this to her... and that I am NEVER to do that again. She didn't want go to Elk Island Sales, cause she knew she would fall in love with something and then later I would lay down the Law and say NO!

Since then, I keep telling her, that some time soon, there is going to be a Shiny Day in her future.

She has no idea what I'm talking about.

At the Edmonton Motorcycle Show a few weeks ago, we were able to go back and forward between the Harley Davidson and Victory displays... and this is where she decided that the Victory Vegas was the way to go.

The Pictures I took of the Day my Wife saw her Dream-bike.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're going to make someone very happy tomorrow if you can wait that long!

·
Registered
316 Posts
My name is Dean and my Wife's name is Linda. We've been riding since the Summer of 2011... so not very long. Riding has changed our lives and we enjoy it so much. We meet with the "Edmonton Motorcycle Riders Group" every Saturday morning and go out for Day-cruises. We've made lots of new friends and enjoy the places we go with them.QUOTE]

Nice Bike

bikerdeano, PM sent to you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!
Elk Island is an awesome dealership to deal with. Bought mine from there too.
Enjoy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts