Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!! I dont have a Victory yet, but I found this forum and am here to learn the ins and outs of them. Been riding for 33 years, have had dirt bikes and street bikes. I have for the most part been into naked bikes. Had a Suzuki Intruder in '95, although a decent bike found out cruisers were not for me, at least at that time. Currently ride a Kawi naked bike. I now find at 55 years young, that I would like to slow down and enjoy the ride. Harleys are ok, but most do not do anything for me, and it seems everyone has one now. Victorys are just different enough to well, be different. If that makes any sense, I dont know! Hope to learn a lot and hopefully be a Victory ownerdance 1 By the way I like the Vegas 8 ball,Judge, and the Hammer. Just need to test drive! I will shut up now.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Look for the Victory Factory truck schedule for the best test ride opportunity. I liked the clean lines on the Victory and having had an unemployment spell in the recent past, liked that everything was built in the USA. Or, go the local dealer and see what they will let you ride. I'll perhaps be in St. Louis next week for a ballgame! Riding my Kingpin Tour down the Great River Road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome. I'm from Saint Louis too located in Fenton. I visited the three dealers close when I shopped and they were all pretty helpful. Ended up going with the dealership down in Washington MO since they had my bike on the lot and gave me a great deal. Surdyke down in Festus was nice and did let me test ride the Highball. After I started to shop around on prices they were a little weird about discussing what they could do over the phone and made me feel like I was getting the run around. I've worked with Chesterfield Powersports many times as I owned a sport bike and they do Suzuki as well and they have always been more then helpful. Honestly they would of gotten my sale but didn't want to wait for the bike.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome. Hope you get a Vic in your stable soon. thumb up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! Ridnhiball--Small world, I live in Fenton too. I was thinking of JW Cycles too. When shopping for a sportbike in '08 I was in Chesterfield Powersports, they gave me the cold shoulder when I told them I was undecided on my next bike. They lost the sale, bought my bike next week at West County Powersports. I guess I could give them a second chance tho.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go to Surdyke in Festus. They will let you test ride. I did and bought my 8-ball. Avery was the salesman hes pretty laid back

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome all you STL riders! I too just joined a couple of days ago! I am too looking at a Victory. I went to Surdyke and they were very nice but not much in the way of dealing. I go to Chesterfield alot but they always seem to be high priced...kinda like thier doing you a favor just for selling it. MSRP plus frieght,setup and low trade value.

Have not checked out JW yet, may give them a call.

Roger

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Welcome all you STL riders! I too just joined a couple of days ago! I am too looking at a Victory. I went to Surdyke and they were very nice but not much in the way of dealing. I go to Chesterfield alot but they always seem to be high priced...kinda like their doing you a favor just for selling it. MSRP plus freight,setup and low trade value.

Have not checked out JW yet, may give them a call.

Roger
I'm not sure how far you're willing to drive to get your bike but in case you're willing to go 4 1/2 hrs southwest, you can get a good deal. Freedom Powersports is a Victory dealer in Rogers Arkansas. They do NOT charge ANY fees at all. I mean that literally, the price you agree on for the bike is the "out the door price". You'll take care of sales tax in MO if you have to pay it there. I got 1,500 knocked off MSRP on my new KP, no fees, they didn't have it in stock so they did an out of state transfer and went up there to St. Louis with a trailer and hauled it back...no charge for shipping. All the upgrades I ordered are installed for free. They do not charge labor to install add-ons you order. They REALLY want you to buy bikes from them. There is a very large HD dealer just a mile down the road from them so they are undercutting everyone to take business. May be worth a phone call...oh and they gave me 3200 on my old honda which is 500 more than trade in value.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
They'll also do most of the business over the phone too if you prefer. I'm only 35 minutes from them and I did most of it from my office phone at work. I only went in to give them my trade in and sign the paperwork...of cores I went back again to pick my new bike up when it arrived. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Rebel Biker. I will call tomorrow! I dont mind driving, drove to Memphis for a bike (5+ hours each way) just to save $2000!!

I like my money...

Thanks!! Roger

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
The best deals are on the 2012s right now. If you've done research and looking at other dealers and know what bike you want. Just tell them which bike and color you want, which up-grades you want, they'll shoot you a number and that number will be "out the door". Like I said, it won't matter if they have it in stock or not, they'll go to any of the nearby states and fetch it for ya. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts