Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm new to Victory and am riding an 06 Vegas (yellow, and I'm 6'5", thus the handle BiggYella).

Until my most recent mechanical problems, it's been a blast. Put the bike in to get the rear rotor and break pad replaced and the front left fork seal repaired. They found a few more things, then when I authorized those, a few more.

The rear brake line needed replaced, the exhaust is resting on something, but the biggie was the sprocket and belt - rocks got in and apparently it chews it up.

The only downside to the bike thus far is the lack of a center stand. I'd like to find a good aftermarket center stand.

Anyhow, just wanted to introduce myself.

Cheers

Bigg

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Welcome from NW Ohio. You know the drill no pics it didn't happen. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Came with the dog carrier on a luggage rack. I use it as a trunk. It also came with a backpack thing and a Interphone F5XT, which I still haven't figured out how to use.

I'd like to add a centerstand, maybe floor boards and highway pegs. Not really sure.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums! I'm originally from Spokane.

·
Premium Member
8,713 Posts
WA?
Not Western Australia I thinks!
Welcome from OZ

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Saddle bags

Get some saddlebags mounted on it. Mount them as low as you can or like. Get rid of that high mounted trunk/dog carrier and the bike will handle much better. You might even like the looks better. Good looking bike. Enjoy the new ride. How are the tires? Old rubber is not a good thing, I believe you said it was a 2006, if those are original tires I would replace them for your safety.:wink

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Nice bike. I'm from Spokane too. Moved back to Phoenix a few years ago. I bought my first Victory, an '05 Kingpin from Allsport in '09. Sold it a couple years ago with 58,000 on the Clock and bought a '11 Crossroads. Traded the Cross Roads a couple weeks ago with just under 51,000 on the Clock. I have a 14 Cross Country with 2300 miles on it. These bikes are tough and dependable. I hope you really enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
8,713 Posts
You say the rear brake line needed replaced, can you tell me any more on that area?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the lag, yes, the rear break line was running right under the exhaust and was too close. Ended up splitting. I need to learn some of these repairs myself, as I'm sure I can do at least a few of them.

And no, not original rubber. I'm pretty solid on the bike now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome

Greetings from North Alabama and welcome to the Victory world. Great looking bike.

Keep The shiny side up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts