Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellas, front caliper ( because of three year storage) crapped out on my 06' Ness, and guess what? When the factory Brembo's leak/fail, there are NO caliper rebuild kits (!!!) Facttory new from Victory? Ka CHING! 335 $ Anyway, was lucky to score a like new 08' caliper off a wreck in our largest/friendliest state ( Canada!) And it fits perfectly. But, it came with the optional "RoadLok" front brake disc lock. I don't have a key for it, so does anyone know how to score a replacement key to make it work? Thanks! cheers

·
Registered
742 Posts
Fellas, front caliper ( because of three year storage) crapped out on my 06' Ness, and guess what? When the factory Brembo's leak/fail, there are NO caliper rebuild kits (!!!) Facttory new from Victory? Ka CHING! 335 $ Anyway, was lucky to score a like new 08' caliper off a wreck in our largest/friendliest state ( Canada!) And it fits perfectly. But, it came with the optional "RoadLok" front brake disc lock. I don't have a key for it, so does anyone know how to score a replacement key to make it work? Thanks! cheers
Maybe take it to your local locksmith? Have you attempted to contact the lock manufacturer directly? Short of those possibilities, I guess you could attempt to cut it off w/a 4" angle grinder...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhhhh, no ! Its a 300+$ option for Victory bikes, and there will be no hillbilly/trailer park grinding-off of parts round here! I was PM'd by a parts guy at a Southern Vic dealer, he believes that with the VIN in hand, I can order a replacement key, gonna try it Monday.

·
Registered
742 Posts
"I was PM'd by a parts guy at a Southern Vic dealer, he believes that with the VIN in hand, I can order a replacement key, gonna try it Monday."

Any luck on scoring a replacement key for the caliper lock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be great! The local dealer here ( as usual) was no help. I have reached out to the RoadLok folks and they are trying to accommodate me also. Helluva lick system, would be a shame to get rid of it just because I don't have a key for it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
That would be great! The local dealer here ( as usual) was no help. I have reached out to the RoadLok folks and they are trying to accommodate me also. Helluva lick system, would be a shame to get rid of it just because I don't have a key for it.
It sure would. That's a pretty slick setup... that is unless the key goes missing.

Hope the caliper manufacturer is more help to you than your dealer.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Rod loc is an aftermarket part not a victory part ,so either the owner added it as I did or the dealer did , in any case only rod loc or the original owner of the bike can help you . what you might be able to do is have a victory dealer contact the original owner and ask if he or she has the key or the key number , I don't think victory will tell you who the owner was , if you can get the key number rod lol can get you a key . good luck

·
Registered
96 Posts
FYI - there's a shop on EBay that sells Brembo caliper rebuild/seal kits for both the front and rear Brembos on the '06's! I'm ordering them for my newly chromed calipers while I have them apart.

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not sure if it's a kit available to Europe only (wouldn't be surprised due to legal issues of someone installing incorrectly and suing here in the US), but I've searched and searched and this is the only rebuild kit I've been able to find for the Brembos. Ive read many posts over the years on various scoot forums for bikes that come stock with Brembos and they've all had the same conclusions....no rebuild kits available from Brembo and they were told to buy a new caliper ugh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts