·
Registered
336 Posts
Bob,

I got nothing within 100 miles!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
It looks like they still have a ways to go -- the schedule doesn't go past March.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
They're in my backyard next weekend! Woo hooo! :) :crzy: cheers :p :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I wonder if the Highball is going to be on the trucks before the dealerships get them. They would lose a lot of publicity if they don't have it until April when its officially released.

On a side note my dealership tells me they get constant calls and visits from people that want to see/ride the Highball. There seems to be quite a few people that miss that "April 2011" part of the advertisement...

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I will report if the High Ball is there this coming Saturday.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
High Ball is in the Fuel It Demo

Just went to Fuel It demo today, and to my surprise, there was a 2012 Victory High Ball available to test ride.

First I test rode a Cross Country, and then a Vision, since my wife was with me and I wanted her to enjoy the ride also. Besides, the first two rounds someone else had put their helmet on the High Ball already, so I had to be patient.

The High Ball was not stock, however. It had Stage II cams, and a set of black "Victory Performance" shot gun pipes. Naturally, she was loud. Loud enough but not too loud. On deceleration there was some loud popping, but I kinda liked it. Handling was great, but since I had just ridden a XC and then a Vision, it took about 5-10 seconds to get used to it. The High Ball felt great, and looks weren't bad either. Before I knew it, my wife whooped out her lil' camera and started snapping pictures. ;)

Enough mumbling though. If you want to test ride a High Ball, see the Fuel It demo, coming at a Victory dealer near you! thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
CrossRoads,
Thanks for updating on the Highball; glad to see It's on the trucks! Now they have to get a truck scheduled closer to home. So far the closest one on schedule is 4.5 hours away.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
No problem. It was worth riding the High Ball. If nothing else, at least to experience the Victory Stage II cams. She was fast! :cool:

The hot dogs were cold though, and they had nothing to drink. :(

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
The closes dealer to me in saint louis said they are not having it because it cost the dealer $2500 bucks to put it on.
I wonder if that's the refreshments they're supposed to offer. Last Fuel It I went to had a few sorry looking, cold hot dogs.

·
Registered
227 Posts
$2500 to put it on

For $2500 they should have served you steak, I believe thats what they pay Victory and they dont make that kind of money on bike sales!cheers

·
Premium Member
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seems to me that the Mother Ship should be paying the dealerships or at least not charging them to put these demo rides on.

I'm kinda bummed to hear the dealerships have to shell out that kind of money. I'll do my best to put the word out locally when it comes around to help them.

Still doesn't seem right...

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
The closes dealer to me in saint louis said they are not having it because it cost the dealer $2500 bucks to put it on.
About like the dealer here in Evansville.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I agree with you guys. It doesn't make sense that Victory would charge the dealership when the dealership hosts the Fuel It demo. Sure the dealership might benefit by selling a bike or two. But it's not like Victory doesn't benefit.

I thought maybe they want them to spend $2,500 on refreshments, which would make more sense. Victory provides the rides, and the dealer provides the refreshments. Otherwise, why would any dealers host it at all? They have nothing better to spend $2,500 on?

Strange one. :crzy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a chance to ride the High Ball a couple of weeks ago at my Motoworld's demo day. Very impressive ride and it looks 100 times better in person, the pictures just don't do it justice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts