Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made up some new fun things... my take on a key mod I saw in another thread a while back, & something a little different than what I have seen for the shifter linkage rod- I made this prototype for my XR, but should fit lots of bikes...

Sorry the one pic is blurry, it shows the linkage rod fairly well off the bike, the key shot is a bit blurry, but both pics of the parts on the bike are good, so it should be ok...

The linkage rod is a piece of 1/2" square aluminium, twisted & drilled out to slip over the existing linkage rod. This is just the first prototype- what I am planning on for my bike is a piece of hex twisted (probably with a tighter twist), powdercoated black, then I'm gonna file off the points of the hex, so you will see spiral aluminium colored stripes down the length of the black rod.

The key mod is a piece of 3/4" hex aluminium machined to look like an acorn nut, then drilled out to accept a quick disconnect fitting you put on your keychain. the key is glued into the "nut" with JB Weld. when it's in place, it doesnt look like a key, like was mentioned in that other "key mod" thread...

what ya guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Very nice Fish! thumb up

Killer work man.

I'd like to find a black linkage rod that looks like a skeleton arm. I'm starting to think of a "bones" theme with the Kuryakan Skeleton mirrors and some skull lights found on victoryonly. Do you know anyone that could mill this out? I can produce the CAD drawing.

You do great work Fish, keep it up!cheers

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice Fish! thumb up

Killer work man.

I'd like to find a black linkage rod that looks like a skeleton arm. I'm starting to think of a "bones" theme with the Kuryakan Skeleton mirrors and some skull lights found on victoryonly. Do you know anyone that could mill this out? I can produce the CAD drawing.

I have a guy that does some cnc stuff, when I get home I'll PM you his #. I dunno if he would wanna do this, but giving him a call can't hurt

& thanks!!

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice! I'll have to go take a picture of my Key

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice Fish! thumb up

Killer work man.

Can't find the guys card, but it's here somewhere. When I clean off my desk I'll get it to you!! :ltr:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The twisted shift rod is frigging awesome so I'm looking forward to seeing how much farther you're going to hit it out of the park with the next version! Would it be possible to do the same with mirror stems?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The twisted shift rod is frigging awesome so I'm looking forward to seeing how much farther you're going to hit it out of the park with the next version! Would it be possible to do the same with mirror stems?
yeah, probably... but being out of aluminium they would not be as strong as steel- they would prolly vibrate more. I could experiment with twisting steel tho...

Thanks by the way!

thumb upcheersthumb up

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took my linkage rod & painted & played with it- came out no where near up to snuff, but it showed me what my idea will look like. the paint didn't stick as well as powdercoat will obviously-sorr the off the bike pic is blurry again, I think you'll get the jist of the sitch...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts