Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 2014 Yamaha matt gray Bolt R-Spec for a Gunner. I'm a 61 year young Hooligan at Large (retired) located in Decatur, AL. I enjoy motorcycles, Mustangs, playing with the grandbabies, and being humiliated by 10 year olds playing Call of Duty on a PlayStation 4.

Previous Motorcycles I have owned

Yamaha Enduro 175
Kawasaki 750 LTD
Kawasaki ZRX1100
Honda CBR600F4
Honda 750 Magnum
Yamaha Bolt R-Spec

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So how do go about posting in the Gunner Forum?

Is it true that the Gunner was named for R. Lee Ermey (The Gunny) ?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Great looking bike!!!!

Gunner beautiful bike. Welcome aboard. I believe you are correct about the name thing, could be wrong also though. Post some pictures please. Gunner would be a fun bike. Enjoy the new ride.thumb up

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Just traded my 2014 Yamaha matt gray Bolt R-Spec for a Gunner. I'm a 61 year young Hooligan at Large (retired) located in Decatur, AL. I enjoy motorcycles, Mustangs, playing with the grandbabies, and being humiliated by 10 year olds playing Call of Duty on a PlayStation 4.

Previous Motorcycles I have owned

Yamaha Enduro 175
Kawasaki 750 LTD
Kawasaki ZRX1100
Honda CBR600F4
Honda 750 Magnum
Yamaha Bolt R-Spec
Welcome to the forum. I am also retired at 66 but living well north of you in central Illinois.
I am a bit confused. Why would anyone trade any bike that is less than a year old? I don't even start to look around that fast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why would anyone trade any bike that is less than a year old?
While there are a lot of things I like about the Yamaha Bolt, the engine has no counter balancers and is rigid mounted to the frame. Also the Bolt has very firm suspension. Turns out that my 61 year old tush couldn't handle the all that v-twin vibe. I put a Mustang wide vintage seat on the bike, but it didn't really help.

The Bolt was a pure joy to ride for about 45 minutes, but then I would get a severe case of numb butt, and couldn't wait to get home so I could get off the bike.

So I traded for a Gunner and I'm sure am glad I did. Was out riding this morning for about 2 hours. Still get a little numb butt, but not enough to stop riding.

The Bolt is a great bike, just not the right bike for me.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
While there are a lot of things I like about the Yamaha Bolt, the engine has no counter balancers and is rigid mounted to the frame. Also the Bolt has very firm suspension. Turns out that my 61 year old tush couldn't handle the all that v-twin vibe. I put a Mustang wide vintage seat on the bike, but it didn't really help.

The Bolt was a pure joy to ride for about 45 minutes, but then I would get a severe case of numb butt, and couldn't wait to get home so I could get off the bike.

So I traded for a Gunner and I'm sure am glad I did. Was out riding this morning for about 2 hours. Still get a little numb butt, but not enough to stop riding.

The Bolt is a great bike, just not the right bike for me.
OK, now I understand. Take your next purchase far more seriously or the depreciations will eat you alive. The Gunner may or may not be your best bet. Frankly I love my Vic Vision, but that does not matter. You need to pick a bike that you can just ride with no limits. If you have not found that brand/model you have not found your ideal bike. I really like a particular Vic bike but that has nothing to do with you. You need to find your best bike and following other people will simply not get you there. Try out lots of bikes and find the one that really turns you on. That is your bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts