Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I removed the useless manufacturer shield and need to know if I just wiggle the new one into place or is there any trick to it? It seems a little bit thicker.
By the way I got the Black Opaque and it is Black!! Should look sweet.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You have to remove the stock brackets first (at least on my 2013 I did).

Then just wiggle the base of the shield between the outer and inner fairing. Yes, it is a bit thicker than the opening.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
You only have to remove the brackets on a tour model.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yep, brackets on tour model only
Gustaff and Windvest, (I have both) is just a little bit tighter fit. I have to lightly tap on the top of the shield, to get it down in place

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does anyone know if the Gustafson 7" tall stock shield is shapped the same as the factory one or does it have a "flip"? That is what I am looking for, I love the height of the stock one and the look, but I think a flip up would reduce the wind just enough.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Does anyone know if the Gustafson 7" tall stock shield is shapped the same as the factory one or does it have a "flip"? That is what I am looking for, I love the height of the stock one and the look, but I think a flip up would reduce the wind just enough.
Did you try looking on their website?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I sent Tony J a pm. I bought the same windshield.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you try looking on their website?
I did and the pictures don't show a side view and the description doesn't specify.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I removed the useless manufacturer shield and need to know if I just wiggle the new one into place or is there any trick to it? It seems a little bit thicker.
By the way I got the Black Opaque and it is Black!! Should look sweet.
Any chance you can post pics after it's installed?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got it done. Working on pic posting.

Pictures are on the next page!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Drumheller-20150317-00054.jpg

Drumheller-20150324-00062.jpg

Drumheller-20150324-00061.jpg

One before and 2 after pic's. I also added the trunk this winter and the Grasshopper backrest. Ready for Laughlin in April!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks good thumb up

What size shield?

How tall are you?

I'm 6'4". Thinking of replacing my 11.5" Klock Werks with a 13" or 14"
Gustufsson.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Looks good thumb up

What size shield?

How tall are you?

I'm 6'4". Thinking of replacing my 11.5" Klock Werks with a 13" or 14"
Gustufsson.
If you're that tall, definitely get the +4", I'm 6'3"

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Love this shield, got rid of almost all of the buffeting for me:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am 5'9 with a 30" inseam. I sit relatively straight up and it is right on my lips for height. I got the 12" or "+2" opaque black and if you want to see thru the shield at all you cannot on this one, but it looks awesome.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am 5'9 with a 30" inseam. I sit relatively straight up and it is right on my lips for height. I got the 12" or "+2" opaque black and if you want to see thru the shield at all you cannot on this one, but it looks awesome.
Hope this helps.
Thanks T.

Like toejam suggested, prolly a +4 for me.

Bike looks great. Pictures don't do that Pearl White paint justice!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got in a ride yesterday and again today the wind I can feel on the top of my helmet but it is good. Helmet does not lift, sunglasses stay in place, and I can hear the radio. Buffeting is definitely down and if you hold your left arm against your chest as you drive the buffeting goes away totally. But I like to feel alittle wind in my face. Large improvement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got in a ride yesterday and again today the wind I can feel on the top of my helmet but it is good. Helmet does not lift, sunglasses stay in place, and I can hear the radio. Buffeting is definitely down and if you hold your left arm against your chest as you drive the buffeting goes away totally. But I like to feel alittle wind in my face. Large improvement.
Thanks for the update Tony, glad to here it worked out for you thumb up
If you get tired of the little bit of buffeting that remains, seems you can't go wrong with Goody's lowers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts