Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys, my name is spencer and I'm new to victory bikes. I just recently managed to find a steal of a deal on Craigslist for a sweet bobber-esque 99 v92c. It's my 3rd bike and definitely the nicest thing I've ever owned...Also the youngest lol. Luckily I've learned a few tips and tricks from my previous bikes because I've ran into a few hiccups in my vic along the road. (Sloppy previous wiring) I've got the ol beast apart right now doing a little winter maintenance. Cleaned throttle body, new tps, k&n air filter, throttle cables, oil and plugs...which I'm going to have to bring up in a question thread...because I have no idea how to get the dang spark plugs out hah.
Thanks for havin me guys, lookin forward to seeing some cool bikes and learning with you guys!
...Also I'm writing from my phone and can't figure out how to add a pic of my bike...sooo hah.
owdy guys, my name is spencer and I'm new to victory bikes. I just recently managed to find a steal of a deal on Craigslist for a sweet bobber-esque 99 v92c. It's my 3rd bike and definitely the nicest thing I've ever owned...Also the youngest lol. Luckily I've learned a few tips and tricks from my previous bikes because I've ran into a few hiccups in my vic along the road. (Sloppy previous wiring) I've got the ol beast apart right now doing a little winter maintenance. Cleaned throttle body, new tps, k&n air filter, throttle cables, oil and plugs...which I'm going to have to bring up in a question thread...because I have no idea how to get the dang spark plugs out hah.
Thanks for havin me guys, lookin forward to seeing some cool bikes and learning with you guys!
...Also I'm writing from my phone and can't figure out how to add a pic of my bike...sooo hah.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well...Not sure why that posted twice...ah well

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on the Vic and welcome to the Victory Forums!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome, my first Victory is also a Craigslist V92C I got on the cheap about six years ago! It had the tranny issue that some of the early bikes are known for but after I upgraded the engine it has become my favorite ride! For the sparkplugs you'll have to work a socket on an extension down the well tubes to get them loose, the rear ones a bitch, then push the wire boots back on them to extract them out! Safe riding!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in central Illinois.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome. On that rear plug you'll have to loosen the fuel tank to gain access. If you can loosen it enough to lift and put a 2" block beneath it you will have adequate clearance to remove that plug. Also, a jointed extension is helpful.

Too bad you didnt think of it while you had the tank off putting in that K&N ...tb cleaning etc !!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow thanks for all the help guys and the warm welcome! I've actually already got the tank off to clean the throttle body. My problem is that the previous owner managed to somehow put I think 13/16ths spark plug in my bike but the hole in the jug is too skinny for a regular deep well socket. I'll have to try to the fuel line trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts