Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all

Just bought an 05 Vegas with a few issues that I've been working on. Been lurking on here for a while and have learned much from all of you experts. I Was able to take care of most of it. Fork seals, all new LEDs and ACM.

I was able to get everything to work, when I was out riding, I noticed that when I used the blinkers when in gear, both left and right would flash. when I pulled the clutch in or if it was in neutral, the blinkers would work perfectly fine... Not sure what it could be, this is my first bike with flasher capabilities.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome out of the lurking DV....not sure how to help with that one...but I'm sure someone will jump on board here and make some suggestions....

enjoy the world of victory...and ride safe,

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome out of the lurking DV....not sure how to help with that one...but I'm sure someone will jump on board here and make some suggestions....

enjoy the world of victory...and ride safe,

Rob
Thanks man, this one is a little weird. Thought I had everything taken care of.... O well...

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Welcome to the forums. You have something wired wrong, somewhere.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon. I believe the 05 had auto cancel turn signal, check the self check mode in it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I noticed that when I used the blinkers when in gear, both left and right would flash. when I pulled the clutch in or if it was in neutral, the blinkers would work perfectly fine...
Welcome. I'm a bit of a noob to this forum myself. I'm also a new owner of a Victory, and so am familiarizing myself with the brand's quirks.

Have you traced out the blinker wiring? On my Hammer, the guy that owned it before me ran these wires under the fender and the rear tire has rubbed off most of the insulation.

It sounds like this happens when underway. Does the engine shift position when the clutch is pulled in? A way to check engine mount degradation is to touch the clutch lever lightly, give it gas, then let if off. If the clutch lever moves, you probably have worn engine mounts. If the lever moves, you probably have worn insulation in the blinker wiring that touches the engine when the engine is under load.

Another thought is to check under the rear fender. Does this issue occur when decelerating? If no, it might be due to rear tire shift with respect to the chassis and/or rear fender (accelerate and the distance between tire and fender shortens, decelerate and the distance lengthens). Again, uninsulated wire touching the frame or fender might be causing this issue.

Let us know what you do in trying to uncover this issue.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was thinking it might have more to do with the fact that he went LED over incandescent. I know when you put an LED headlight in you need some sort of resistor or something to make it work right.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was thinking it might have more to do with the fact that he went LED over incandescent. I know when you put an LED headlight in you need some sort of resistor or something to make it work right.
Doesn't explain the proper functioning when the clutch is in, which is why I think it might be bare conductor shorting to ground, either by engine movement or rear tire travel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts