Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here , a little intro

I Joined as I'm considering a Victory for my next bike.
Just got back into 2 wheels last April , got a good deal on a Vulcan 800 from a buddy, been a great bike.

Well I'm ready for some thing bigger now, I've been looking hard at Victory and HD. Went on the Victory test ride event in July , really liked the 2 I rode.

I used to own a Polaris sled and remember when they were getting ready to start making Victorys back in the late 90's.
So here I am to learn from real owners about Victory.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and best of luck with your research! There's a lot of good info here anda bunch of helpful folks to answer any questions you can't find with simple searches!

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Welcome aboard!

The best way to know what Victory model works for you, is to test ride them like you did. So what models did you ride? What HD model did your ride, if any?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard!

The best way to know what Victory model works for you, is to test ride them like you did. So what models did you ride? What HD model did your ride, if any?
Took the 8 ball out first , really liked how it fit me and double the cc's of my 800 :D the only thing I don't like on the Vegas bikes is the narrow front wheel.

I took the High ball out next , thought it road a little better but because the way it was set up I was stretched a bit and didn't seem to shift as easy as the 8 Ball , maybe the position of the clutch lever was the issue.

Wished I had got there early and could have road the Judge too , Fly bars would be a must have item for me with that bike , I might say I Do with those on there ;)

The best part is I won a $250.00 gift certificate to the dealer from Allstate insur. thumb up

HD in this area isn't real willing to let you test ride until they have a pretty strong commitment to buy so no test rides so far.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
That front wheel takes a little getting used too, but it's a great bike. The Highball is a Vegas with a slightly different set up, obviously. Some, if not most HD dealers are a bear to deal with when it comes to a test ride. But, they can be cause they have a cult following that buy for show without the go.

Congrats on the cash! Best of luck with the rest of your research. cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I almost forgot , I've got a 1 in 105 chance to win a new 8 Ball. The dealer has been running a bike night on the last Thur of the month since May with a drawing for a 2012 8 Ball , Aug 30 is the final drawing and I got a spot , will see.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I almost forgot , I've got a 1 in 105 chance to win a new 8 Ball. The dealer has been running a bike night on the last Thur of the month since May with a drawing for a 2012 8 Ball , Aug 30 is the final drawing and I got a spot , will see.
Sweet! Damn, that dealer has it going on out there in Iowa! I truly hope you win the keys to that new 8-Ball. cheers

·
Registered
931 Posts
that settles it im moving to Iowa. try aKingpin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not quite as lucky

I too have been going to McGrath Bike nights but I have yet to get my name drawn. I have the white CCT with arm rests and rack on trunk. Look me up next week. I have a black Raider that my wife rides over so they will be parked next to each other. Please introduce yourself.

Are you riding up north for the Victory event this weekend?

Wayne

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too have been going to McGrath Bike nights but I have yet to get my name drawn. I have the white CCT with arm rests and rack on trunk. Look me up next week. I have a black Raider that my wife rides over so they will be parked next to each other. Please introduce yourself.

Are you riding up north for the Victory event this weekend?

Wayne
I'll look for ya , I have a black Vulcan 800A w/saddlebags , your bike sounds familiar to me though.

I won't be going up north , maybe not even get to ride, looks like I may get to put a timing belt kit & water pump in a PT Cruiser for a friends daughter this weekend :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ V Vega

One of the guys that I'll be there with has a XC , black one with the factory skull paint job.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where abouts in Eastern IA???? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
8 Ball giveaway

I made it all the way to the final group of 25, we all got to draw keys , I didn't get THE key that started the bike :(

I had fun , it was a sweet bike for a giveaway , even had the stage 1 tri- pro exhuast on it thumb up

Maybe next year :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see the guy that won the bike has it for sale on Craigslist now :mad:

I guess thats his choice but I would have rode it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts