Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I live in Ellis County. I currently ride a V Star 650 and was looking to buy a new Harley next year.

Due to the reliable reputation, I'm now considering buying a Victory XR, and I think they look badass. I recently joined a Harley forum and I see a lot of posts about problems with them. Even the HD guys admit that Vics are more reliable.

I'm looking forward to learning everything I can here and making an imformed decision when it's time to sign the papers at the bank.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Chris welcome to the forum. Great information that can help you make an informed decision. Three years ago I planned on buying HD until a friend said check out the Victory's. I found a 2008 Vegas Low with 2700 miles. Never even test drove it, just sat on it and bought it. Victory is a great bike as is HD, but I am glad I went with the Victory. Good luck in your search.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Welcome from CT. It was a tossup for me between the ultra classic, and a cross country tour.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Keep reading.

All machines have pros and cons. All machine manufacturers have pros and cons. All machine forums have pros and cons.

It's a motorcycle. Buy what sings to you. Riding is not enhanced by sitting in the saddle and second guessing the decision to get whatever is under the saddle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello fellow Texan! I was riding a Vstar1100 a year ago and traded up to a Cross Country. If you do any long distance riding, you'll not regret buying a Vic! Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Howdy neighbor. No really, I live just outside Trinidad.

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts