Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all -
I'm a new member that's been lurking here for quite some time. I bought a black 2011 Cross Roads with hard bags in September and have been loving it. I added the mid-height windscreen, front tubular bars and rear bag bars at delivery. I added the Vic passenger back rest a couple of weeks ago.

I'm hoping to add a driver backrest, fork mounted lower wind deflectors and something to keep might right hand from getting numb. Like a lot of XR (and XC) riders I'm struggling a bit with buffeting. At hwy speeds it's enough to blur my vision and tire me out. I'm planning on riding to Sturgis this August and really need to sort out the buffeting before then.

I've been happy with the performance so far, but I do get a little jadded easily. This past weekend I pull the rubber strip from around the airbox and unplugged the O2 sensors. (Thanks for the threads with the detailed instructions on how to do those). It will be a while before I have the cash to spend on real performance upgrades.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome!

What city are you in? I live in Waterford. (Hour north of Detroit). Always looking for Victory guys to ride with! :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Bogman,
are ISO grips an option for you on your bike? I know that resolved most of my long distance numbing I would get sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey neighbor (sort of)

Welcome to the Victory family. I live in Farmington Hills and just bought a 2012 CC last month. Wish I could help with the buffeting. For the CC the Klock Werks and home made lowers solved it for me. You may want to try some fork mounted home made lowers like I did (at least if it does not help, you are not out alot of $$). I think the Memphis shades brackets were $55 and the scrap lexan was $20 from a local shop.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Weegy or Bogman, do either of you guys know of any good bike nights in our area? Hope to see you guys sometime!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adam8ball I can't help with any bike nite reviews. I work afternoon shift so I keep waiting for somebody to have a bike "day".

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yea, my schedule is all wacky as well, there are a few around waterford on Thursday and in Royal oak as well. Just didn't know if you knew of any others. :). See ya guys around!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts