Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently sold my Road King and got a 2012 xc. Have already installed some D&D mufflers so it now sounds like a motorcycle!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to Victory and the Victory Forum!

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Welcome aboard, used to live across the bay in Clearwater

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people willting to help in any way they can.

Also from another former HD rider congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm in Tampa Bay too. Where did you get it, Tom at VTwin?

I put RPW mufflers and PC5 on, it's at the tuners now getting the "pops" out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MTVic - yup, Tom at V Twin. So far haven't noticed any decel "pops with the D&Ds. Who did you find to tune the PCV around here?

·
Registered
790 Posts
You're lucky on no back fire, my is minor, but still annoying. It's at the Honda Dealer down the street from VTwin. They said my factory download was very close, but they are still working on the low rpm back fire.

Tom will take good care of you at VTwin. Great guys, they did most of my work.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm just across the bay from you in Pinellas County and also an ex Harley guy. In fact, I traded my 2001 Deuce which I bought from Tampa V-Twin when they were a re-marketing barely used Harleys back in the day. Great bunch of guys over there, but just a bit too far for me to do business with.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You're lucky on no back fire, my is minor, but still annoying. It's at the Honda Dealer down the street from VTwin. They said my factory download was very close, but they are still working on the low rpm back fire.
Here are my fuel table settings that pretty much resolved my decel popping. Take note of the settings in the 0% TPS column at the various RPM's. It might be of use to those guys working on your bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Here are my fuel table settings that pretty much resolved my decel popping. Take note of the settings in the 0% TPS column at the various RPM's. It might be of use to those guys working on your bike.
THANKS!

Interesting settings at zero. I asked Dyna about going to negative values, they had me go to 30%

I might need negative 30%!

I'll forward it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, I know. It seems counter-intuitive if the decel popping is coming from too lean a condition. However, I think that mostly applies at the lower RPM's. Bear in mind that you're not likely going to be at 4250 RPM with 0% throttle given that you don't even break 3,000 RPM when traveling at 70 MPH. The only time those -15% numbers would go into effect would be if you're winding it out in 4th or 5th gear then shut down the throttle.

Don't ask me how it works, but it seems to work.

I might also add, your dyno guys may not like the source of the info. Something to do with professional pride and not admitting that an auto-tuner can't possibly do as good a job as a manual tuning...TO HECK WITH THAT NEWFANGLED COMPUTER STUFF... LOL

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well, negatives sure didn't work, so now I'm throwing massive amounts of full at it in the zero throttle position 1750 and up. anywhere from +20 to beleive it or not a couple of + 70s.

About 90% gone, seems only grumble or backfire now comes in if I get lazy and let rpm's drop too far while clutch pulled in and down or up shifting.

If I can't get use to it, D&D's may be in my future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome. I grew up over in Lakeland, however, I'm currently in CT until my grandmother passes, she's 109 by the way, then I'll be returning south. Also a former HD owner(8 total) and think you'll be happy with the Victory.

·
Registered
91 Posts
MTVic - yup, Tom at V Twin. So far haven't noticed any decel "pops with the D&Ds. Who did you find to tune the PCV around here?
Welcome from Lutz!

I deal with Love Motorsports in Homosassa - Steve for service write-ups, Mastertech Dave for the hands on stuff & Jerry for parts. Great bunch of guys - all real professionals, good prices and very knowledgeable regarding Victory/Polaris - makes it worth the trip up there once or twice a year.

Give 'em a shot - you won't regret it!!

cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts