Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.. saw some pretty impressive vids on YouTube, really got my attention.

I currently ride and like very much a Honda ST1300. I have done a few things to it to make it much better, so it's a bike I like a lot and have set up for me.

However, I finally test rode a loaded HD Electraglide (rental) with my wife as passenger. It was so very different for me that it was tough to make a good judgment. The feet forward deal, all that - would take getting used to.

But I remain intrigued by having a more classic and American made tourer.

So, my question:

If I look at a Vision, are there any years to avoid, or years where significant positive changes were made, etc.?

Looking for advice as I search for one new or used to purchase.

thanks for any help

·
Registered
12 Posts
i too rode a honda. Had a 2007 Honda VTX-C. Had vance and hines cruzers, sissy bar, floor boards, windshield, Kurakyn grips, Lightbar, Saddlebags....i loved that bike. But after a couple of rides of 200 miles or more.....i realized it was time for an upgrade. I bought a 2011 Victory Vision Tour and love it. It's mostly plastic so it rattles a lot but i just turn the radio up. My old lady loves it, i cant hardly feel her in the backseat. I do miss the Liquid cooling of my VTX....but other than that, The Vision is Awesome. thumb up

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2008 Vision Tour Premium.
In the early models you had a option with or without the trunk.
The premium had more chrome, oval bars, controls, tip overs, electric wind screen, lighted Victory badge on the side and other things. And the swish was silver.
The later models started with anti-lock brakes, less chrome and you get a trunk. The new colors I guess due match with the black and round bars and controls. The swish is now gray or black.
There was a trans gear change (10 I think) to make 3rd, 4th gear quieter.
That is most of what I can think of just know, I'm sure there are some other small things changed but mostly chrome, anti-lock and colors.

Buster

·
Registered
368 Posts
Someone posted this morning, they bought a new '11 Vision Tour and love everything except the heat on their legs. That would be a deal breaker on these days of 106 highs. Maybe look at a Cross Roads or Cross Country that has less obstruction down low.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Someone posted this morning, they bought a new '11 Vision Tour and love everything except the heat on their legs. That would be a deal breaker on these days of 106 highs. Maybe look at a Cross Roads or Cross Country that has less obstruction down low.
My vision is hot, but it doesnt stop me. keep in mind i went from liquid cooled to air cooled, so everything is going to seem hotter to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too am a current Honda owner. 05' VTX1300S I bought in 06'. I have done a lot of modifications and have made a descent bagger out of it but is still lacking some things I am looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts