Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
From Somers in northern Ct. Bought my 2009 Kingpin in March. I am absolutely in love with my bike. I have a bit of frustration with the place I bought it. I won't name the place yet I just want some feedback on what I was told. The bike seems to be running rich and leaves exhaust splatter on my fender not just a little it's quite a bit. It also likes to backfire a bit and pops when you let off the throttle. I spent quite a bit of money on an extended warranty. I brought it back to them and asked them to check this problem. They had it for a day and when I went to pick it up they told me they put it on the computer and reset my settings. They also told me that the backfiring is a "victory thing" and not to worry about it. They then told me the only way to get rid of the popping is to buy a power commander and they would only charge me about $550 plus installation. That seems high too. But it also seems to me that if I buy a bike it should be running correctly. Besides the fact I had to re-install the accessories because they were installed wrong. If anyone has any thoughts I would be grateful
Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
If the extended warranty is through Victory you should try a different dealership. If it's only through that dealer, I would ask for the manager/owner. We do get popping on decel but it can be minimized with the right setup. An 09 Kingpin with aftermarket pipes is probably going to pop a little more than a stock setup. I have had better results shifting at higher rpm's. blipping the throttle on my Cross Country makes it pop and sometimes stall as well. I wish you luck Boss.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I wanted to hear. Thank you. It doesn't bother me I just wanted to be sure that if it wasn't a regular thing that I get it done before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
How have I not seen you yet. I too am from Somers!

·
12,970 Posts
Kingpin knight

Popping on decel is cause of exhaust leak more than likely.
Take a wrench and tighten your exhaust flange bolts. After a ride check them again.
All Vic's produce black suit. Cause we have a **** ECM system.
Adding a fuel tuner can void extended warranty. Don't always believe service techs. They tell you things to get into your wallet or they don't have a answer for your question.
Tell us what dealer your going to there might be some guys here that can tell you about them

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from Naugatuck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kingpin knight

Popping on decel is cause of exhaust leak more than likely.
Take a wrench and tighten your exhaust flange bolts. After a ride check them again.
All Vic's produce black suit. Cause we have a **** ECM system.
Adding a fuel tuner can void extended warranty. Don't always believe service techs. They tell you things to get into your wallet or they don't have a answer for your question.
Tell us what dealer your going to there might be some guys here that can tell you about them
Thanks for the info. I did tighten the exhaust flange and it did take care of some of the noise and pop. I do get a pop if I blip the throttle or on deceleration still but hearing from plenty that it is normal. I am getting used to it and it really doesn't bother me. The ride makes up for it. Thanks again

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi from Waterbury. I traded in an 09 Kingpin Premium to the dealer in the quiet corner. Is that the one? I hope not, I always had good luck with them. They have my CCT now, and they already pushed it out a day. I'm not one to put up with wasted days and unkept promises.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi from Waterbury. I traded in an 09 Kingpin Premium to the dealer in the quiet corner. Is that the one? I hope not, I always had good luck with them. They have my CCT now, and they already pushed it out a day. I'm not one to put up with wasted days and unkept promises.
I did not want to name them in case I found it was just a Victory thing. And it is sounding like it is so no worries!!!! They have been good to me other than that. They made the loan work for me and threw in a bunch of accessories (used from another bike ) but threw them in none the less. So they were good to me through the sale.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Welcome from Bristol......hope to see you guys around :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts