Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up a used 2012 Victory Cross Country a couple weeks ago. This is my first Victory, and my first real touring bike. In the past I've owned a few sport bikes and cruisers, my last being a HD VROD that got totalled last year(RIP).

I'm really enjoying the ride so far, my wife digs it too which is a plus. The bike now has just over 3k miles on it and has a couple upgrades including a witchdoctors exhaust (with factory tuning...pop pop) a madstad windshield, heel shifter, laydown license bracket, and the ipod interface cord.

I'd like to boost power a bit with a better airfilter assy (recommendation please) and a pcv because it is a bit slow, and also upgrade the dash speakers because I'm really liking the concept of music while riding. Also might do some vinyl graphics to make it my own but not devalue the bike. Other than that, so far so good, put over 600 miles on it already.

Mike

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Whereabouts in Michigan are you? My wife and I have three 2012 XCT bikes and on mine I added the Lloydz air filter, ATS, PC-V, 1/4 turn throttle ring, and got it dynotuned by KevinX near Gainesville, FL. After all of these, it woke the bike up a bit.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whereabouts in Michigan are you? My wife and I have three 2012 XCT bikes and on mine I added the Lloydz air filter, ATS, PC-V, 1/4 turn throttle ring, and got it dynotuned by KevinX near Gainesville, FL. After all of these, it woke the bike up a bit.

G'day,

Vinish
Vinish,

I am in Macomb county about 1/2 hour north of Detroit. Did you ride the bike or trailer it from Michigan to Gainesville to get it tuned?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Vinish,

I am in Macomb county about 1/2 hour north of Detroit. Did you ride the bike or trailer it from Michigan to Gainesville to get it tuned?

Thanks
Well, it's not that simple. My wife and I live in Michigan only for about 5 months in the summer and in central Florida for the 7 months of winter. We searched the country for a 2012 XCT for my wife and bought her bike in Livonia from a private seller and I rode it to Florida where it now lives. We searched the country for a 2012 XCT for me and found it in Hot Springs, Ark. I flew there and rode it to Florida. We liked these bikes so much that we bought a third 2012 XCT for my wife to ride in Michigan. We bought this from a dealer in Detroit. It lives in Michigan.

My bike in Florida (bought in Ark.) is the one that I tuned up and added all the performance "stuff" to. KevinX was only about an hour drive from our house in Florida - nicely convenient :)

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome from NC! There are some options for you when it comes to waking the bike up. Details are in my signature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts