Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm completely new to Victories (Victorys?); I'm going to look at a '99 V92C tomorrow.

Anything I should pay close attention to?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as diamond might remind us to checkout the forum rules and the "search is your friend" , that said did you see the thread "Kevinxwhats the difference" in the v-92 forum It might start you out on the diffrerences in the early and and later vics. good luck.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Hey Joe,

Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

Now on to your question,

The main and biggest thing to look out for is the transmission. Make sure the recall was done on it. If it wasn't thats $3000.00 MORE. If it wasn't done I personally wouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone.

I hadn't been specifically looking for a Victory, but this one came up for a killer price - $2200 - so I was cramming research.

Went to look at it this morning and unfortunately it wouldn't start and the owner didn't think the tranny recall had been done, so I took a pass.

At that price I expected to have to put some money into it, and was ready to, but it started to look a lot like a money pit.

I definitely liked the bike though, and will keep looking at them for my next bike - wanting a bigger cruiser for longer trips next summer.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts