Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I first want to say thanks for any and all opinions on my questions. I am looking at getting into a XC, or XCT. I am currently riding a Fury, which I have no real complaints about, it is what it is. I am looking to upgrade for storage and power. I have ridden a few at demos and am impressed with the Victory above any other bike out there. I am in process of locating a dealer and getting the ball rolling, my questions are on the performance side. I have always been avid supporter of having louder pipes , for performance and the chance it may give other drivers a way of knowing your in vicinity. Is the Victory Stage 1 pipe upgrade worth the money? Or is aftermarket a better option? I notice they recommend them installing thier product, and would prefer to either work on my bike my self, or at least have an option of learning the process for furture reference. I have done all my own work on my fury, and confident could do thid also, but dealer is not really either wanting to give up info on what speciality tools would be needed or if "remapping" is just word for adjust a outboard fuel processor. Thanks for all your input. Sorry for the lengthy post.

·
13,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I would also recommend you test ride a Vision. I had put a down payment on the XC black with flames. Got to the dealer and they had brought in a Sunset Red Vision. What the hell give it a whirl. Came back said how much of a problem if we switch bikes. No problem came home with the Vision. Took off the trunk and have to tell you not a single regret. However love the XC too. Never been on an XR but I would have to think it is very close to the XC. Good luck and I doubt you will buy one that you don't love.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you want loud pipes, the Stage 1 pipes are NOT the way to go. The new Tri Oval Stage 1 seem to sound better and be louder than the older Stage 1 pipes, but they are still EPA complaint so will not give you what you're looking for.

Arlen Ness, D&D, Bassani, RPW, Witchdoctor and a bunch of other aftermarket pipes will be much louder than any Stage 1 variant. Also, the general consensus is that you get a lot more performance and bang for your buck by avoiding the Victory Stage 1 pipes, filter and download.

Take a look at Lloydz website for some good options: https://www.lloydz.com/

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Or you can simply send a 1-1/8" hole saw up the pipe about 18" or so and drill out the baffle. Its made of a very thin metal and cuts easily. The result is a very controllable volume--your neighbors don't have to know you are coming or going, yet she will bark when you twist it on. If you already have that hole saw in your tool box, the mod is free. :)
Re the difference between the XC and the XR...the XR steers lighter as there are 20 fewer pounds attached to the bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts