Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I am between the Judge, and the Hammer 8. Regardless, EITHER will be a huge upgrade from my 1200 Sportster!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just saw the Judge in person for the first time yesterday, it looks a lot better in person than in the pictures. I didn't like the riding position though, but I would have 10 years ago. I'm not really old, but have been on the cruisers too long. The Judge is somewhere between a cruiser and a crotch rocket, which is what I was trying to find 10 years ago!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I honestly don't know, I bought my bike used, so haven't really tried to see what a new one costs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FWIW, I bought my 2010 Jackpot new in 05/11 and got approx $4k off MSRP. Of course, I spent some of that savings on accessories, so the dealer ended up getting a lot of that back ;)

I did 100% of my search/negotiations via email after I already had decided exactly what model I wanted. Emailed the 4 closest dealers to me & ended up buying from one about 3 hrs away.

If you're willing to go with leftover inventory from previous model years, I think you would have a very good chance at getting a similar if not better deal....for the Hammer. The Judge may be too new to qualify for this scenario.

HTH,

Rob

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any suggestions on how much I should pay for the Hammer? Should I expect to pay full sticker price?
Yeah the hammer's have a fair amount of wiggle room on the msrp price. If you want to play hardball with them I suggest showing up with cash and or have your loan preapproved before showing up to the dealer.cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Any suggestions on how much I should pay for the Hammer? Should I expect to pay full sticker price?
Up to 19% off depending on your negotiating skills. There is a $1K off coupon for participating in a demo ride that will get you started on the potential discounts. Run a search as this has been discussed 1.2 million times now (how to get the best price on a hammer, Kingpin, XC, etc)

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Any suggestions on how much I should pay for the Hammer?
For some reason I don't understand, more than you will pay for a Judge.

FWIW, Hammers aren't particularly comfortable either. If you like comfort and handling, I skip both and take a Kingpin for a ride. Fact is, that is their best cruiser. Ride them all back to back and you will understand.

If it's an image thing, then I guess ya gotta pay the market rate. Highballs seem to sell really well. I'm guessing dealers won't be as willing to deal on those, but then again, you probably wouldn't have any trouble selling later either.

My local guy hasn't been able to move a Judge. It's a crying shame, as that could have been a really good bike if Vic would have built it properly. My guess is they would really deal on those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts