Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone! About me...I'm the typical guy that ride dirt bikes when I was young and this last year got into street bikes. Been riding a Vulcan 500. I always wanted a Harley. But the more I read, researched and talked to those that owned Harley's that desire faded. Then I discovered victory. I haven't heard about the issues that the Harley's have and now I'm looking at getting a Vegas. Sat on some and love the feel. When it warms up I plan on a test drive.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
That is just soo cool, let us know how the test ride went...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Yeah mate you'll be hooked from the first ride!
Ride One and You'll Own One!
Some great deals on em over there, watch this forum as some nice ones come up occasionally.
Welcome.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello to everyone! About me...I'm the typical guy that ride dirt bikes when I was young and this last year got into street bikes. Been riding a Vulcan 500. I always wanted a Harley. But the more I read, researched and talked to those that owned Harley's that desire faded. Then I discovered victory. I haven't heard about the issues that the Harley's have and now I'm looking at getting a Vegas. Sat on some and love the feel. When it warms up I plan on a test drive.
I started out same as you, sport bike was my 1st street. I did try the harley route as well. Now a victory. Never been happier. Sure every brand has their positives and negatives. I admit I was skeptical about purchasing a victory. Read, looked, talked about them for a year before I went ahead. Even after purchase for 3-4 weeks I still wasn't convinced that I made the right decision. Once a month passed and at the time around 1500 miles I truly can say I really appreciate my ride.

I will look forward to your Vegas purchase

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The good thing is the Victory dealer is about 5 minutes from where i work. When i walked in the service manager was the first person that i met. He was full of great information. He has a kingpin that has over 100,000 miles. Then he told me they had a real nice used one i should look at. Its a 2014 vegas 8 ball. Has windshield, highway pegs, passenger seat and luggage rack. And only 2300 miles. The people there were great and didnt bash any other brands. The only thing one said was "look at how many used harleys we have compared to the one victory". Very different than my experience at the harley dealer. The other big difference was the service department. I think there were more bikes outside the service area at harley than they had for sale. I know some were probably there for routine service or upgrades but I think after all of my research I am set on Victory. They say it will be in the 50's by mid week then I can take it for a ride.

·
Registered
374 Posts
FYI, There are some really great deals for used bikes on Facebook (if you are on FB) especially right now when sales are a little slow. Once spring hits those deals will be gone.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's not a fair ratio harley vs victory. Or any other brand. As far any I know harley sells more bikes than any other manufacturer. So naturally you will see many more Harley's than the rest. After 1st paragraph click on (show more)

https://www.statista.com/topics/1305/motorcycles-in-the-us/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not a fair ratio harley vs victory. Or any other brand. As far any I know harley sells more bikes than any other manufacturer. So naturally you will see many more Harley's than the rest. After 1st paragraph click on (show more)

https://www.statista.com/topics/1305/motorcycles-in-the-us/
Wasn't trying to start a brand war or bash. I realize that Harley sells significantly more bikes. I was only staing my observation that they had more bikes lined up for service than they did for sale.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't think you were bashing at all. I was just saying why there's alot of harleys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone. I'm sort of in the same boat as far as looking for a Victory. Currently riding a Buell 1125CR, and want to either replace the Buell with a Hammer S or add said bike to the fleet. I don't have much interest in Harley, had 3 Sportsters over the years, and Twin Cams seem to have a maintenance issue with cam tensioners. I like the look, and, from what I've been reading, reliability and excellent road manners of the brand. The Hammer S checks the right boxes for me: low seat height, inverted fork, and twin discs up front. And, similar to the Buell, what seems like great value - Buell because they are no longer in business and Victory because they are playing in the Harley market space. Anyway, I'm looking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Everyone. I'm sort of in the same boat as far as looking for a Victory. Currently riding a Buell 1125CR, and want to either replace the Buell with a Hammer S or add said bike to the fleet. I don't have much interest in Harley, had 3 Sportsters over the years, and Twin Cams seem to have a maintenance issue with cam tensioners. I like the look, and, from what I've been reading, reliability and excellent road manners of the brand. The Hammer S checks the right boxes for me: low seat height, inverted fork, and twin discs up front. And, similar to the Buell, what seems like great value - Buell because they are no longer in business and Victory because they are playing in the Harley market space. Anyway, I'm looking.
Well I guess Victory and Buell are more similar than you thought... Well in going out of business at least. :grin

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
damn! maybe the bike i want will get cheaper!
Certainly will, Closing Down Sales I think they call them.
All stock must go.
Already got mine:smile

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Sure you can find glorious discount...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts