Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New to the forum, and to Victory motorcycles. I just purchased a 2011 Cross Country, gloss black. It was for sale on consignment at the Victory dealer the next town over. It had 8,800 miles, and is mostly stock, other than a trailer hitch, and chrome saddlebag lid luggage racks.

I love the bike so far! I've wanted a bagger since I was 18 when I first sat on a brand new 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquaro... but it has taken a handful of years to finally get one!

Anyways, just wanted to do an intro. I plan to complete my profile with all the info when I get home!

Requ21

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey everyone! New to the forum, and to Victory motorcycles. I just purchased a 2011 Cross Country, gloss black. It was for sale on consignment at the Victory dealer the next town over. It had 8,800 miles, and is mostly stock, other than a trailer hitch, and chrome saddlebag lid luggage racks.

I love the bike so far! I've wanted a bagger since I was 18 when I first sat on a brand new 2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquaro... but it has taken a handful of years to finally get one!

Anyways, just wanted to do an intro. I plan to complete my profile with all the info when I get home!

Requ21
Welcome, if it's got a trailer hitch on it, I would make sure the fluids look good. I've seen some crazy stuff pulled behind a motorcycle. If it were mine, I might even waste $70 on an oil change kit just to be safe.

Enjoy that new steed!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, if it's got a trailer hitch on it, I would make sure the fluids look good. I've seen some crazy stuff pulled behind a motorcycle. If it were mine, I might even waste $70 on an oil change kit just to be safe.

Enjoy that new steed!
That's a good tip! According to the history of the bike I was given, the trailer hitch has never actually been used. I will still give the oil a look! It was purchased new from the dealership I got it from, and they also did all maintenance/modification.

I left off highway bars on my list of modifications.

Thanks, so far I am enjoying it! We have planned our first "big" day trip which we will hopefully take next week. I'll have a better assessment of it after that. I forsee nothing but positive opinions!

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Hitch picture please ? Cool mate and welcome

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks real good Requ ! Welcome Aboard cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hitch picture please ? Cool mate and welcome

Here are a couple pictures of the hitch set up, Victory did a nice job of keeping the receiver out of sight.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

Requ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Enjoy your new bike......thumb up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heavy D

Just bought a 10 XC has 3000 miles. Can anyone tell me if I change the front 18 inch wheel to a 20-21 inch do I need to change the rake as well. First Victory.

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
Requ21, you really need one of my unique laydown license plate brackets to pretty up the back end of your otherwise gorgeous bike. Click on the link below for ordering info and pics. I know,I know; blatant self promotion. But its tough for this aging retiree to maintain his biker status on the meager Social Security payments he receives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts