Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, I am getting my first bike next year, very excited. After much research and debate, I have been stuck between the victory 8-ball kingpin and the honda fury. I really like the honda and think it is sexy, but for the price it feels cheap and has wayyyyy to much plastic crap on it, lol. The 8ball is sexy though, lol.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome. Here's a little hint from your uncle Diamond. LOL

Buy a used Victory and save a lot of money you can use for customizing!;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Honda makes a great bike but consider a few things. The Fury only has a 1300cc motor (unless they changed it). Too much aluminium especially the wheels and forks. It looks good but cheap with the lack of chrome. Also, it is metric and not American made, kind of a class of it's own, I have owned a Suzuki then American Ironhorse now the Victory. I am new to the Victory but it has the best of both worlds, 250 rear tire, big motor, 21" front tire, yet the reliability of a metric in an American made bike. I guess I could go on but... it's up to you, do your homework, ask lots of questions.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hands down....I went with the Victory Brand. I believe that not only are they setting the new standard for the American motorcycle industry.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Actually I would consider the Yamaha Raider before the Honda Fury. Looks and performance for slightly more money. Although I haven't been able to ride the Victory yet I can't keep my eyes off it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly, I like the looks of the Fury way over the Raider, but I do know what you mean about performance. Anywho, I really like the people I talk to at the Victory dealership, seem like "family type" of people and not just trying to make a quick sale like the Honda dealership. Plus the Kingpin 8-ball looks big, which is what I need seeing I am a pretty big boy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know you said you are buying next year but right now the deals are out there. I just bought my Jackpot and two Honda CR dirt bikes last week because the deals are unbelievable on 2009 and older. My Jackpot is a 2007 Premium edition brand new with 4 miles and I paid $13,999 and just received a $500 off coupon in the mail from Victory. It cost me $13,499 for this.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I know you said you are buying next year but right now the deals are out there. I just bought my Jackpot and two Honda CR dirt bikes last week because the deals are unbelievable on 2009 and older. My Jackpot is a 2007 Premium edition brand new with 4 miles and I paid $13.5k and just received a $500 off coupon in the mail from Victory. It cost me $13k for this.
I remember when My Jackpot looked like this......;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts