Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and I think every thread with the word engine came up.

Been reading through some threads and have seen the "Freedom engine" mentioned here and there. Is this a new design or are all Vic's equipped with Freedom engines ?

·
Registered
383 Posts
The Freedom engine has been around since 02-03. It came in the 100 cubic inch engine size until 08-09 when the 106 was put in production. All Victory bikes since 2011 have come with the 106/6 speed combination.

·
13,262 Posts
There are 5 videos you might like

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen at least a couple of those videos , it really shows how dated Harley is in engine technology.
I don't understand why they don't make some improvements / update's that wouldn't really hurt them , like stator mounting.

I think the Harley attraction has more to do with nostalgia, tradition and legacy than any thing else.

Don't get me wrong I really like Harleys, but test riding Vic's has got into my blood now , so I'm kinda torn.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I've seen at least a couple of those videos , it really shows how dated Harley is in engine technology.
I don't understand why they don't make some improvements / update's that wouldn't really hurt them , like stator mounting.

I think the Harley attraction has more to do with nostalgia, tradition and legacy than any thing else.

Don't get me wrong I really like Harleys, but test riding Vic's has got into my blood now , so I'm kinda torn.
HD realized it's cheaper and more profitable to redesign their t-shirts instead of their engines. And credit to them, Victory will never catch them in the t-shirt department.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The first Freedom engines were V92s in 03-04 even some after that.From what I have found out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts