Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just put some money down on a 2013 highball! I'm pretty excited to get back on 2 wheels, especially since its such a sweet bike! It has 700 miles on it and has the torque tube intake and a lloydz programmer. Now I need to pick out my pipes.

I was thinkin either RPW True Duals or Hacker Rippers. On Hacker's home page they have a pic of a High Ball with black Rippers and white heat shields. They look pretty awesome. But I also like the duals but I can only find a pic of them on a bike with bags. I'd like to see a pic of them without the bags. Black of course. How are the fit and finish on each? I think the Rippers are pretty loud, I don't want to be too obnoxious...

I plan to get a lloydz timing sprocket as well. I see they have an adjustable Idle Air Valve for "closed loop O2 systems." Im not sure on the difference between open and closed I guess. Do I need this? What is it needed for?

Last question (for today) is for you tall fellas. I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam. Should I go with 2" forward controls or 4"? Which brand is best? Victory?

Thanks guys! I look forward to the help and to ride! cheers
-Trucker Ben

·
12,970 Posts
call Lloydz and ask him what would be the best pipes for you. After all he is the horse power guy.

Your controls you want some bend to your legs. Don't jump the gun get the bike and ride a a couple hundred miles before buying a extension kit.

Ask Lloydz about the IAV when your talking to them

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I would definitely get the timing wheel and at least the 2" extensions. I have the 2" and honestly it helped...could do 4 but that would be a bit much. I'm 6'1 with a 33 inseam. As far as the idle valve I had one and it made matters worse. Something to consider is changing the shifting habits and you will notice minimal popping. Instead of slamming or almost completely closing the throttle when shifting try to keep the throttle open a bit more and you should be fine. The pop is usually from the butterflies trying to snap shut at the wrong time. I have the pcv with auto tune and the wheel with aftermarket intake and I have no popping anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I am 5'9" with a 31" inseam and I could easily have done the 4" instead of 2" controls. I am so used to the 2" now I don't want to change. No I don't think the true duals look very good but my opinion only.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm torn on the 2 or 4 inch. I think I will just put a couple miles on and see what I think after that. Is the victory brand the best?

Im not 100% sold on the looks of the true duals. I kinda like them and they are different. I like curved exhaust like the rippers but many people have them. I like to be a little different which is probably why I'm drawn to the duals.

Definitely going to get the timing sprocket. I will have to email Lloydz and see what they recommend about the IAV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts