Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, stumbled across this forum when debating on buying my first Victory. Picked up my new 2011 Cross Roads in red on Friday. Put about 250 miles on it so far and loving it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hello all, stumbled across this forum when debating on buying my first Victory. Picked up my new 2011 Cross Roads in red on Friday. Put about 250 miles on it so far and loving it.
Congrats and welcome aboard! cheers

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CrossRoads, glad to be here. I'll post some pics when it lets me and fill out my signature.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks CrossRoads, glad to be here. I'll post some pics when it lets me and fill out my signature.
You're almost there. Another post and you're a full fledged forum member. thumb up

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Congrats!!! Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome aboard.....great ride you picked. I sure loved mine......enjoy!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks and with this post I should be able to post pics.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is some pics after riding a couple hundred miles on Saturday. Waxed it this evening and cleaned the dust out of the corners (sit at the dealership for more than a year) hope to take some better pics later this week.
DSCN1428_309.jpg

DSCN1431_306.jpg

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are the regular bars and fit me pretty good.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
TNXR...what a great bike for a great part of the country for riding it in. My teachers would make me stay after school if they saw that sentence, but when I saw where you live, I was envious. The only place I've been riding that's better than your neck of the woods is the Alps. But I can ride to your neighborhood and I don't need a passport. Welcome!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Ricz, I am blessed to live in such a great place to ride motorcycles. I normally take all day rides and get to ride the curves in 3 or 4 states and still make it home for supper. I also have taken numerous over nighters to Gatlinburg and on to the Dragon then stop in Cherokee and hop on the Blue Ridge Parkway to go home. Biggest reason for getting the XR, more comfortable for the wife and a place to put our stuff compared to strapping it all to the sissy bar on my M50. Taking off work early today to go put a few more miles on my new favorite toy.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
There are some great roads in northern Georgia that rival the Dragon and have less traffic, squids and cops. Somewhere around Suches.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are correct on that, took one last trip on my M50 a couple of weeks ago with some buddies and we stayed in Murphy, NC and rode around northern Georgia and a little bit of SC for 5 days. Rode the moonshiner 28 outside Franklin NC as well and really enjoyed it but one of the first curves caught me off guard (as well as my buddy in front of me) and I ended up dragging the exhaust which is hard to do on that Suzuki but it slowed my butt down for the rest of the road. I was actually going to get the XR or XC (hadn't made my mind up at the time) befor the trip but thought it probably wasn't a good idea to tackle those roads on a new bike that I wan't too familiar with.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The only place I've been riding that's better than your neck of the woods is the Alps. But I can ride to your neighborhood and I don't need a passport. Welcome!
For technical riding the east coast rules. For scenic riding, west coast all the way.

I like the Alps too, great scenery but a lot of that is rather dangerous (skinny roads, ice, sheep etc). And a lot of the switch backs are all pretty similar. I still haven't found a road that beats the Gap for density and variety of corners, so many of which have great sight lines.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts