Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! My name is Matt. Been lurking the site for a long while now. Decided its time to formally introduce myself! I don't yet own a Victory, but am planning on pulling the trigger on one in the very near future! I have just been doing research and deciding what model I want. Its a pretty tough decision! I like the Highball but don't know if I like the ape hangers long term. The first bike I fell in love with was the Vegas 8Ball. So I am torn... I am an over the road truck driver and I am from Fort Myers, Fl. I look forward in showing pictures as soon as I decide. Until then just lots of reading!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hey everybody! My name is Matt. Been lurking the site for a long while now. Decided its time to formally introduce myself! I don't yet own a Victory, but am planning on pulling the trigger on one in the very near future! I have just been doing research and deciding what model I want. Its a pretty tough decision! I like the Highball but don't know if I like the ape hangers long term. The first bike I fell in love with was the Vegas 8Ball. So I am torn... I am an over the road truck driver and I am from Fort Myers, Fl. I look forward in showing pictures as soon as I decide. Until then just lots of reading!
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your decision. Either way, you can't go wrong. By the way, if you don't want/like the apes, you should be able to trade the highball apes for a set of bars from another model. A few of us have been putting the highball / hardball apes on our Vics, so that's an option to consider.

·
Registered
203 Posts
PULL the trigger man, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome! What I think I am going to do is get the 8Ball and do hammer or kingpin inverted for assembly and 18" wheel so I can run dual front discs. Then get some fly bars and the 2 inch risers for them. Its going to be pricey for the front end though. Then get an row Thor, torque tubes and vfc for starters. Then maybe do cams! Omg I haven't even bought it and I have the bug lol!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! What I think I am going to do is get the 8Ball and do hammer or kingpin inverted for assembly and 18" wheel so I can run dual front discs. Then get some fly bars and the 2 inch risers for them. Its going to be pricey for the front end though. Then get an row Thor, torque tubes and vfc for starters. Then maybe do cams! Omg I haven't even bought it and I have the bug lol!
:ltr: Like a kid in a candy shop... :ltr:

Welcome to the forums... I would suggest you call your bank now and request a new credit card based on the amount of wear and tear your about to put on it... You don't want to come up short with a worn out card mid MOD... hehehehehe

Sounds like you got a plan! Go for it and safe ridin!

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts