·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Victory Owner and trying to adjust to how these bikes work

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
How they work? They ride great, have plenty of power, are really reliable. How they don't work? Throttle blipping may cause stalls.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwet. With a sig like that you must live in SF. I suggest you pull it before you piss off more than just me. If you have a 401k, you are benefitting from corporate profit like Hillary benefits from her "foundation."

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Throttle blipping may cause stalls.
I'm brand new here. I've been riding since 2000 but this is my first Victory. Never Heard of throttle blipping. What is it?

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
I'm brand new here. I've been riding since 2000 but this is my first Victory. Never Heard of throttle blipping. What is it?
Goosing the throttle needlessly at very low speed or when stopped.
Some other bikes you may need to do it to stop em from stalling, the Old Kawasaki GPZ900R I'm currently riding won't idle properly so I gotta do it to keep the old girl running.
But doing it on a fuel injected Victory can often overwhelm the engine and cause it to cut out, not very nice if you're in a tricky situation.
Rev matching back through the gears changing down is fine, just don't do it going back into first gear or you may suffer the consequences.
That's the best I can describe it.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Welcome mate, from a far island called Batam

Throttle Blipping = brum brum brum sound when standing in front of a traffic light ... Vic's don't like short brums ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Goosing the throttle needlessly at very low speed or when stopped.
Some other bikes you may need to do it to stop em from stalling, the Old Kawasaki GPZ900R I'm currently riding won't idle properly so I gotta do it to keep the old girl running.
But doing it on a fuel injected Victory can often overwhelm the engine and cause it to cut out, not very nice if you're in a tricky situation.
Rev matching back through the gears changing down is fine, just don't do it going back into first gear or you may suffer the consequences.
That's the best I can describe it.
Thanks for the explanation! I had a bike that I had to do that to on occasion. I know a lot of guys that do it, but they ride Harleys and love to listen to their exhaust!

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Welcome mate, from a far island called Batam

Throttle Blipping = brum brum brum sound when standing in front of a traffic light ... Vic's don't like short brums ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
Thanks Andre! I like how you describe it! I don't like doing that. Think it's a waste of gas!

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Thanks Andre! I like how you describe it! I don't like doing that. Think it's a waste of gas!
Well that's good you don't like to blip, the the other brand blip there way around town and Victory roars around town without blipping

Ha ha ha

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
Well that's good you don't like to blip, the the other brand blip there way around town and Victory roars around town without blipping

Ha ha ha

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk
Ha ha....too funny!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts